1)Think before you buy, do you need it?
2)compare prices before you buy.
3)Only take a certain amount of money with you when going out means you don't buy that thing on impluse.
4)Try to have at least one day week when you don't spend any money.
5) look in charity shops for good quality clothes, books
6) use the library
7) try the lower cost supermarkets some things are very good--Aldi's frozen fish is great.
use supermarket reward vouchers for goods day out, Tesco vouchers average for every £5 get £20 in days out vouchers or resturant vouchers.
9) Take up home baking can make so many cakes for the price of a doughnut.
10) use up left over veg for tasy veg soup--freezes well.
11) take lunch to work and save £4-5 a day.
12) look at BOGOF's do you need or share cost with a friend so get the item for half price.
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.