What can I do about Ebengate?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

bbk15

Post by bbk15 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:09 pm
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help, or in same situation as me.
I am at my complete wits end with Ebenegate. Long story short - I had a 3 month payment break due to losing my job last year, this was not put onto ebengates system so looked like arrears but was supposedly resolved however, it wasn't and I received endless phone calls when I was assured the 3 months would be added onto the IVA term. This hasn't happened. A few months ago, I had a 2 month break so I could use all funds I had to by a car, again I was assured it would be added to the term. I am now being chased for the arrears nearly every day, and now need a creditors meeting. Every time I have sent documents previously, they have upped my payments without discussing it with me and just informed me my IVA will be terminated if I do not co-operate and accept. I have now stated I do not feel comfortable sending bank statements, payslips etc because I cannot have my payments increased and they now are threatening to terminate my IVA if I do not send them. I constantly have to fight and chase for all correspondence to be sent in writing, it never happens. I am constantly told different things by every person I speak to, I seriously cannot cope with another 4 years with them.

Does anyone else have such a problem?
What can I do about this?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:30 pm
The only thing you can do is ask to repay the money at the end of the term or just add money onto the current payments.

Ebengate are not known for their communications and you will be speaking to a customer service representative somewhere on the other side of the world.

Email your IP directly and threaten to report them if they won't help you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

bowline

Post by bowline » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:16 pm
Do you have a house with equity? because if you don't, then one option would be to let the IVA fail, buy a cheap car and then go bankrupt.

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:08 pm
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:16 pmbowline wrote:
Do you have a house with equity? because if you don't, then one option would be to let the IVA fail, buy a cheap car and then go bankrupt.
Assuming, also, that the OPs career path isn't in a bankruptcy sensitive occupation.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:57 pm
Plus it sounds as though he has already bought a car. He may also be subject to a 3 year Income Payment Order if he goes BT depending on his DI.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:05 am
Ebenegate are merely administrators working for the IP named as your supervisor. You are still able to complain to him or her directly and to pass this complaint up to their regulatory body if they do not deal with it.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

bbk15

Post by bbk15 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:14 am
Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your replies.
I have already bought the car I needed and do not own a home, bankruptcy is most definitely not an option for me. I have emailed my complaint to my IP Peter Jackson, who has said that a senior member of staff will contact me and he is sure the situation can be resolved. This is the second time I have complained, I just seem to go round in circles with Ebenegate.

Hopefully this gets sorted now, I have just never known a company to be so unhelpful and incompetent so it's really fustrating! :cry:

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:23 am
BBK -- Ebenegate are Mauritius based and, until recently, did not even know what an IVA was ! They are, basically, a pumped up call centre.

bbk15

Post by bbk15 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:37 am
Hey Foggy,

Yes it’s shocking when you actually realise what’s going on. Pretty scary putting such control into people who are simply just in a call centre.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”