What can I do to get my certificate thatfor IVA completed oct

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
jacradders
by jacradders » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:24 pm
Hello!
I am trying to get my certificate of completion from DFD for my IVA that completed in October 2014! I am now in a position to apply for a mortgage and can’t without the certificate. Wow see that Aperture have taken over DFD but their automated voicemail messages to previous DFD IVA holders just says that they can’t acces anything in connection with DFD completed IVAs, only those still current. Help! What can I do to find my certificate that I should have had long ago?
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:03 am
Are you saying DFD have not issued you with a copy of your completion statement since 2014 ? If so that is madness ...

Or have you had it but mislaid it ? We were with DFD and had ours emailed to us - if you had yours emailed have to checked back your emails - ours is in my emails still just in case having printed several copies and put in safe place at home.

There must be away to get a further copy of it - do you know the name of the IP that managed your case ? They maybe available and able to help
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:21 am
Have you checked the Insolvency Register to see if you are still on there.
jacradders
by jacradders » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:36 am
[quote="luluj"]Are you saying DFD have not issued you with a copy of your

Thanks for your reply. I am saying I never got it. Their last contact was in October ‘14 which was confirmation from the chairman that my creditors had approved my IVA and that they could now issue a certificate of completion. Unfortunately it came at a time when I had lost my partner suddenly, followed by everything I owned in the Surrey floods of 2014. So I’ll be honest and say I didn’t have my head in the right place. It’s only now when it’s come to a time in my life where I’ve moved on to better things that I am going to apply for a mortgage and realise I never got it. They may have mailed it but to a wrong address. They didn’t email it. I’ve been able to rebuild a good credit rating, currently at a score of 999. I know the PPI claim paid out and it all went to my creditors. But that’s the last I heard.

I don’t want to be in a position where I can’t apply for a mortgage but I feel like it’s going to all go wrong again.

I will call Aperture again today and see if I can actually speak to someone. Again, thank you.
Last edited by jacradders on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
jacradders
by jacradders » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:38 am
kallis3 wrote:
Have you checked the Insolvency Register to see if you are still on there.

Thank you for your reply. I have looked and I don’t come up if I search for my name.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:42 am
I would also check all 3 credit agencies to see if it is showing on those.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:52 am
Check your credit files -- does it show on there ? Check the insolvency register -- does it show on there ?

If so then it probably was issued and mislaid in the events that followed -- so the IVA is actually completed, but the paperwork lost (rather than DFD said they would issue and never actually did!).

You could, as Luluj suggested, check back through emails -- I wasn't with DFD, but, like her, my certificate was emailed to me as well as a hard copy sent by post. Also ask the Insolvency Service if they retained a copy -- they would have been sent one.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:38 am
Good advice given above, as has been said it's a good idea to check all 3 credit reports - if you have moved since the IVA began make sure to supply a full address history back to the start date to obtain true reports.

Regards
jacradders
by jacradders » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:57 am
I’ll check my credit file. It was definitely never emailed. The last one I had from them was the Chairman’s report and subsequent letter saying that my certificate would follow but that it could take some time due to the PPI palaver.

Thanks for your advice. I’ll definitely check the credit agencies.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:00 pm
Jacradders,

As long as the 3 credit reports are clear and you are off the Insolvency Register we have access to Lenders who will look to lend without you having to produce the Completion Certificate.

Regards
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:14 am
Have you still got the paperwork that says it is completed and certificate to follow ? If so thst may be sufficient. Have a chat to Ryan and his team who maybe able to help without the added stress of locating the certificate.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”