What do we do with PPI cheque once IVA is finished?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
m322
by m322 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:28 pm
Our IVA finished and completed July 2016 with DFD . Have today received a PPI cheque . Have tried contacting Apeture who took company over have had no joy from them as what to do. Help. Thank you
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:32 pm
Aperture, apparently, only took over active accounts. As DFD are no longer trading I would imagine that the PPI refund is yours as there is no IP to supervise distribution to former creditors. Hopefully an Industry Expert will comment further.
m322
by m322 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:42 pm
Thank you for your advice.
m322
by m322 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:17 pm
Hi Just to let anybody in same situation as us to know have heard back from Aperture , we have send the cheque back as ppi claim is part of original Iva.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:24 pm
m322 wrote:
Hi Just to let anybody in same situation as us to know have heard back from Aperture , we have send the cheque back as ppi claim is part of original Iva.

So, they are saying that you have to return the cheque to the lender who fraudulently took the PPI in the first place ? Is this right ? Whilst I understand that the PPI is an asset of the IVA, the firm dealing with that IVA no longer exists (so Aperture have no jurisdiction anyway) I do not agree that the solution to the dilemma is to "reward" the perpetrator. This refund is at the behest of the Financial Ombudsman and, whilst they do not deal directly with IVA's, they should rule on where the money goes. I would refer it to them.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”