What happened to payments to Mitchell Farrar before we were passed to Creditfix

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
stephen176
by stephen176 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:58 am
the wife & i were with mitchell farrar for sometime, before they passed us over to creditfix.
well i'm trying to find out how many payment's we made to our creditors while with them.
as creditfix said that we still had 60 month's to pay for the full term of our i.v.a.
so what happened to all the payments made to mitchell farrar. as the 60 month term should of been
less when creditfix took us on, but a woman said no you still have 60 months.I WOULD LIKE TO STAY ANNONOMUS PLEASE.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:01 am
Your payments will be safe. It is possible that the person you were talking to was just a call handler. Contact CF again and ask for a breakdown of your IVA in writing.

You will remain anonymous on here - we don't give out any details.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:28 am
Hi -- as Kallis says, you will remain anonymous on here. CF are renowned for giving ill considered replies on the phone --- they have relatively recently assimilated many smaller firms caseloads and the call handler will not often access your file during a call and, so, will not know which terms you are under or how long the arrangement has been running.This is why they often give glib advice and then do a U-turn when challenged.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:43 am
Send them an old fashioned letter in writing and remind them that you made payments to Mitchell Farrer before the case was transferred. Ask them to clarify in writing how many payments remain.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”