What happens if I forget to include debt

4 posts Page 1 of 1


Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by Mart7379 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:15 pm
Hi guys.
Currently slowly working though my bankruptcy application. And adding my debts, but I have lost details of some debts, what happens if I forget to include a debt? Will they be excluded from the Bankruptcy and be able to continue recovery? Or do I just inform them of my Bankruptcy


User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 11333
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:54 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by luluj » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:56 am
Your credit reports from the different agencies will identify all current debts - its worth downloading those to ensure you capture all debt in your application.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"


User avatar
Posts: 33396
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:52 am
Some creditors might not report to the CRA's, so might be missed. You will need to work with the OR to identify those you can and have this conversation with them, once appointed. I imagine, as with an IVA, that they are more likely to be included if the possibility is catered for at the outset .... but this is just a guess. I am afraid that BR isn't within my sphere of experience.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014


User avatar
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by bowline » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:48 pm
All debts are included in your bankruptcy, with certain exceptions - student loans, magistrates fines (this doesn't include road traffic penalties - they are included ) etc.
This applies if you did not list them on your application and even if you were unaware of them eg overpayment of benefits that you have not yet been told about - they are still included.
If one pops up later, just tell the OR's office about it.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bankruptcy”