What will happen if we refuse new terms and conditions imposed by Creditfix ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Kerrydh83
by Kerrydh83 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:57 pm
Hi been moved to creditfix from Knightsbridge. They have sent some new terms and conditions to increase their fees, they play to charge £300 for the creditors meeting (i know this is just added to the debt) but the principle seems a joke. The meeting is of no benefit to me. So my question is can i refuse to agree? What will happen if we refuse? Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:21 pm
You do not have to agree to a variation and the IVA will continue on the already agreed terms.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:24 pm
Agree with Foggy - just ignore it.
jonathah
by jonathah » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:49 pm
I have had repeated emails with accompanying docs. I have emailed back saying I'm not signing do not send me any more.

There's nothing they can do, they shouldn't IMHO be doing this in the first place and it'll be interesting to see if the creditors agree (to all 15000 variations as discussed elsewhere).

All quite irregular and unsatisfactory, An IVA is a service we (and creditors) are paying for.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:07 pm
This is basically a repeat of previous acquisitions ... see https://debtcamel.co.uk/pjg-creditfix-iva-fees/

There, the carrot was a share of the PPI, although it wasn't guaranteed and was conditional on the creditors consent ... I have not heard from anyone getting a share ! There is no carrot this time, so they have slipped the fee increase in amongst a few meaningless proposals.
jonathah
by jonathah » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:42 pm
There are now many threads on KB to CF cloister fox. On another it is alleged that CF have threatened to fail the IVA if the client doesn't sign.

They threaten me, well I'll bang in a complaint and if they want to fail it then let them. I personally never make threats nor give into them, they're not a way of solving problems or doing business.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”