Where do we stand with the IP and the creditors?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

nathansparks

Post by nathansparks » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:45 pm
Hello,

I'm in the second year of an IVA and we are currently finding it quite hard to make the payments as we have next to no budget left for anything else except food and petrol, we have had to rely alot on my wifes father for help, which we made the ip aware of during the last review as we were worried they might think we were unable to meet the required payments. Recently it has come to light that our tax credits had been worked out incorrectly and we should have been receiving more. HMRC has now issued us with a rebate of £1200 to cover the under payment.

Where do we stand with the IP and the creditors? We could really benefit from having our roof fixed as there is water dripping in through the ceiling, and up until now we were never in a position to do anything about it?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:28 pm
Hi
I would speak to your IP and try to agree for you to keeep some of the windfall to make essential repairs. The balance will need to be paid into your IVA.
You do need to fill in a fresh income and expenditure form as your payments should be affordable in an IVA
Regards
Andam Davies
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”