Where has the ppi gone?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
david919
by david919 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:21 am
I took out an IVA in 2009 with Blair Endersby on terms applicable at the time. Since then Grant Thornton took over and wanted me to sign theirs and I refused. They then tried to make me sign PPI terms and I refused. My IVA completed and my supervisor wrote to say nothing more to be done. Since then a PPI payment has been made to them. The supervisor resigned at the end of the IVA, is is he now supposed to be reappointed? Several years on I still have no contact from Grant Thornton what they have done with this money. All debts went to zero, so where is it going to go?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:26 am
david919 wrote:
I took out an IVA in 2009 with Blair Endersby on terms applicable at the time. Since then Grant Thornton took over and wanted me to sign theirs and I refused. They then tried to make me sign PPI terms and I refused. My IVA completed and my supervisor wrote to say nothing more to be done. Since then a PPI payment has been made to them. The supervisor resigned at the end of the IVA, is is he now supposed to be reappointed? Several years on I still have no contact from Grant Thornton what they have done with this money. All debts went to zero, so where is it going to go?

Grant Thorntom morphed into Aperture (same team, different name). The PPI refunds would have gone through them and been apportioned, pro-rata, between your former creditors. Whether you signed "PPI terms" or not, the money belongs to the creditors, as recently ratified by the courts. Aperture should be able to account to you for the money. Anything not passed on to the creditors should be returned to you.
david919
by david919 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:40 am
Foggy wrote:
david919 wrote:

Grant Thorntom morphed into Aperture (same team, different name). The PPI refunds would have gone through them and been apportioned, pro-rata, between your former creditors. Whether you signed "PPI terms" or not, the money belongs to the creditors, as recently ratified by the courts. Aperture should be able to account to you for the money. Anything not passed on to the creditors should be returned to you.

Hi Foggy, thanks for reply. I suspect they have pocketed the money. The supervisor has resigned and no new supervisor appointed. Since I was told nothing further to be done by arrangement I have heard nothing from them. Presumably they should tell me where this money went?

Like many I never believed for one minute how much PPI would be returned. Funny the IVA companies don't mention this 'asset' when they assess your debts but are keen to release it after you enter into IVA. Had I claimed the PPI myself I wouldn't have needed an IVA!
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:21 pm
I would still be following this with Aperture and trying to get to the bottom if it all. You deserve to have the answers if nothing else
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”