Where has the tax rebate gone?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Mkj04
by Mkj04 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:32 pm
Hi. I have not received my tax rebate, I clamed for an iva in September 2018 and have been approved and pay monthly. I have had no letter or any mention of that I won't revive my rebate, so can you give me some information what you think has happened to it.
Mkj04
by Mkj04 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:34 pm
Why have I not had a letter or a phone call about my tax rebate if my IVA has took it all? I needed that money has I have fallen behind in payments because of lack of work, so I needed that money to service, it's rediculous that they don't even inform you that you will not receive it. Can anyone help me with information on this please?
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:17 am
Merged your two posts to avoid duplication.

Have you confirmed that any tax refund has indeed been sent direct to your IP?

Have you checked with HMRC to see if a refund has been issued?

Even if it has been sent direct, you should have received notification of the amount from HMRC, if you haven't I would question if it has been issued yet.

Even if you are sent the money direct you would have to inform your IP and depending on the amount it would have to be given to support your creditors.
If you have fallen behind with things then you should seek a review of circumstances to see if a reduced payment can be agreed or a payment break to help catch up.
Mkj04
by Mkj04 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:39 am
My accountant has said that it has been approved to my bank account and should be I my account. This was last week. But nothing has gone in or our. Even my monthly iva payment hasn't been taken out, this is why I think they have just take my tax rebate otherwise they would ask were my IVA payment is this month. I don't no what to do now??
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:44 am
Your tax rebate will have nothing to do with your IVA payment - I would suggest you speak to your IVA company asap.
Mkj04
by Mkj04 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:47 am
So they should not take it without even informing me with a letter or phone call to tell me what is going on no??
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:20 am
You need to speak to someone and find out why your IVA payment has not been taken out. Also speak to HMRC about your rebate and where it has gone.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:23 am
If the rebate was posted to your bank account that is where it should be --- your IP has no power to take it from your account. If they had, they would not take it instead of the IVA payment, but as well as the IVA payment .... indeed if it was paid to your account by HMRC, as they have said, it would show on your account statements.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”