Which debts affect credit rating?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
benjiv50
by benjiv50 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:08 pm
does anyone know if only the debts shown on the main credit agency reports affect an actual credit score? I ask this because I have debt which is not on any of my reports and I wondered if it would affect my rating still should it be in default etc?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:46 pm
If a debt hasn't been reported to the CRA then it will not afect the credit score with that agency. However, it might have been reported to the others and could affect the score with them. Sometimes a debt can be shared within a group of companies or via an agency so an application to a member of the same group, or subscriber to an agency, might be made aware of something that isn't on an agency report.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:31 am
The Credit reference agencies only search the addresses that have been provided in your 'Personal Information' when you register with them. So if any credit was taken out whilst you lived at another address it may not show. Lenders however will search all 'connected addresses' on your report so it's best to provide a full 6 year address history when you provide your personal information (or to the start date of the IVA if that is over 6 years ago).

Regards
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”