Who is aperture?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Chappie
by Chappie » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:25 am
Hi all

Received an email yesterday to say my iva was now with aperture and that there was arrears on my account. My iva started in January 2008 and is now in its 11th year. I have not paid into it for over 18 months. I received a letter over a year ago to say my iva had failed I have heard nothing since this email yesterday. Then I received a letter from a financial claims office saying we are aware you have completed your iva with debt free direct and have received a completion certificate. I have received nothing. Help!!! What is going on.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:51 am
Aperture purchased the cases being run by DFD some time ago. I would write to them and explain that DFD were in the process of closing the IVA when the case was transferred and that you have heard nothing since. You should explain the circumstances and that you were trying to sort out a resolution as DFD had allowed the case to drag on for an excessive amount of time.

These PPI claims are now flying out to try to beat the deadline.

Have a look here for Aperture's details: https://apertureiva.com/dfd/
Chappie
by Chappie » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:01 am
Thanks Foggy

I did that yesterday explaining that dfd were closing my account. After over 10 years this should have been sorted. I will wait for them to reply. I still have my letter from dfd. They are not getting any more money from me it's ridiculous the amount of time this has dragged on.
Chappie
by Chappie » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:34 pm
Had an annual report sent today addressed to a Mrs Rees, my name has never been Mrs Rees. I have asked aperture to get my name correct. According to my statement I have paid in 25754.85 over the 10years it has been running.

Why is this iva still ongoing? What can I do. I am even getting mail with the wrong name on it.

Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:52 pm
Write a formal complaint, addressed direct to the IP, demanding a full explanation and current situation. Send this by recorded delivery ( keeping copies). If no useful response you can then complainb to their regulatory body via the Government Gateway here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
Chappie
by Chappie » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:00 pm
Thanks

Could I not just email them? Or does this have to be an official recorded delivery letter.

I just want this sorted once and for all. Its been like a black cloud hung over my head for over 10 years. I want to try and move on and buy another property having lost mine 3 years ago. Would bankruptcy be an option? Not sure after 10years and all that money paid. I should have to.

Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:53 pm
Chappie wrote:
Thanks

Could I not just email them? Or does this have to be an official recorded delivery letter.

I just want this sorted once and for all. Its been like a black cloud hung over my head for over 10 years. I want to try and move on and buy another property having lost mine 3 years ago. Would bankruptcy be an option? Not sure after 10years and all that money paid. I should have to.

Thanks

You could email them, but they do not have a great reputation for responding and you will have no proof of delivery. Bankruptcy might be an option, but the best solution will depend on a whole set of circumstances and, in any event, you would still need to establish what the current situation is with the old IVA. As you say -- you might not need to consider BR at all.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”