Why are Barclays still contacting me?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Rebecca.h
by Rebecca.h » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:32 pm
I was in an IVA and made an offer in full and final settlement which was accepted and the funds paid.
Several months later I am still receiving late payment notices from Barclays, even though my debts to them were included within the IVA and have been settled as part of the F&F settlement. Are they allowed to do this?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:03 pm
It's just right hand/left hand not speaking to each other. Nothing to worry about. Check your credit record to make sure it is sorted and then get in touch with your IP and ask them to sort it.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:12 pm
If your IP doesn't have a word with them drop a line to the Data Controller at Barclays pointing out their error.
Rebecca.h
by Rebecca.h » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:58 pm
kallis3 wrote:
It's just right hand/left hand not speaking to each other. Nothing to worry about. Check your credit record to make sure it is sorted and then get in touch with your IP and ask them to sort it.

I’ve contacted them but no response yet & no one has updated my credit file unfortunately.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:26 pm
Still nothing to worry about.
Rebecca.h
by Rebecca.h » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:40 pm
kallis3 wrote:

I guess I’d just hoped that making a full & final settlement meant the letters would stop coming, doesn’t seem right somehow. It was an incredibly stressful time in my life but it should be dealt with now.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Rebecca.h wrote:
kallis3 wrote:

I guess I’d just hoped that making a full & final settlement meant the letters would stop coming, doesn’t seem right somehow. It was an incredibly stressful time in my life but it should be dealt with now.

These things do take time to filter through cumbersome systems. I prefer *rse / elbow to Kallis's left hand / right hand ---- then when you are speaking to them on the phone you can say --- "well I have spoken to the *rse --- could you transfer me to the elbow?"
ian32
by ian32 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:29 pm
If the letters persist after you've told them that the IVA has concluded inform them you will be making a complaint of harassment to the police.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:18 pm
Have you got a wood burner - if so use the letters to assist your heating bills!
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”