Why is my IVA still showing on some credit reports?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
james539
Posts: 6
by james539 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:19 pm
Hello, I recently finished my IVA back in January 2017. The 6 years are up now (default date was 20th Feb 2012) and it has updated on Experian and Equifax, but for some reason on Call Credit/Noddle it still remains as active. I have sent them the certificate of completion to remove it, but I thought that it automatically came off your account after 6 years regardless. I am in the process of buying a house and this one credit report is stopping me! HELP! :).
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 25541
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:28 pm
The Credit Reference Agencies will only act on what they are told. The IVA will only drop off the files if it has been marked as completed. If still marked as active it will remain visible. It would seem that, for one reason or another, Callcredit were either not told or mislaid the information. Hopefully they can now put this right having been sent the information.
User avatar
james539
Posts: 6
by james539 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:32 pm
Foggy wrote:
The Credit Reference Agencies will only act on what they are told. The IVA will only drop off the files if it has been marked as completed. If still marked as active it will remain visible. It would seem that, for one reason or another, Callcredit were either not told or mislaid the information. Hopefully they can now put this right having been sent the information.


Thank you Foggy! Yes, I presumed this must be the case, but I was completely baffled at why the other agencies would update the records and this one wouldn't?

I have been on the phone to Call Credit and they have stated 28 days turn around. This would be a disaster for the house, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience post IVA with speeding these things up?

Thanks again!
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 25541
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:35 pm
james539 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
The Credit Reference Agencies will only act on what they are told. The IVA will only drop off the files if it has been marked as completed. If still marked as active it will remain visible. It would seem that, for one reason or another, Callcredit were either not told or mislaid the information. Hopefully they can now put this right having been sent the information.


Thank you Foggy! Yes, I presumed this must be the case, but I was completely baffled at why the other agencies would update the records and this one wouldn't?

I have been on the phone to Call Credit and they have stated 28 days turn around. This would be a disaster for the house, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience post IVA with speeding these things up?

Thanks again!


I dealt with Callcredit via the Noddle website and they actioned my request (and anticipated a few more) almost immediately. Might be worth a try.
User avatar
james539
Posts: 6
by james539 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:59 pm
Foggy wrote:
james539 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
The Credit Reference Agencies will only act on what they are told. The IVA will only drop off the files if it has been marked as completed. If still marked as active it will remain visible. It would seem that, for one reason or another, Callcredit were either not told or mislaid the information. Hopefully they can now put this right having been sent the information.


Thank you Foggy! Yes, I presumed this must be the case, but I was completely baffled at why the other agencies would update the records and this one wouldn't?

I have been on the phone to Call Credit and they have stated 28 days turn around. This would be a disaster for the house, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience post IVA with speeding these things up?

Thanks again!


I dealt with Callcredit via the Noddle website and they actioned my request (and anticipated a few more) almost immediately. Might be worth a try.


Thank you Foggy. I just tried calling Noddle, but they don't take queries over the phone, so I will send them an email instead now and hope for a quick response!
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 25541
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:02 pm
Sorry, yes ... should have said. I used the dispute link on the Noddle site and they came back to me by email.
User avatar
james539
Posts: 6
by james539 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:08 pm
Foggy wrote:
Sorry, yes ... should have said. I used the dispute link on the Noddle site and they came back to me by email.


Okay, thanks! I did both - so hopefully that should prompt a quick reaction. In your experience, once you completed this with Noddle, did it just automatically update on CallCredit as well (I know you have to pay £2 for this report..)
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 25541
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:19 pm
According to the people at noddle it can take a few weeks to update on the online version of your report, but that the information updates almost immediately for creditor searches on your live record.
User avatar
james539
Posts: 6
by james539 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:51 pm
Foggy wrote:
According to the people at noddle it can take a few weeks to update on the online version of your report, but that the information updates almost immediately for creditor searches on your live record.


Do you know if once its updated for creditor searches on Noddle, the same update will apply to CallCredit? If that's the case, when I download the report, will it still be showing even if resolved, but not showing for creditors?

Sorry for all the questions, I am very confused by it all! :)

James
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 25541
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:23 pm
james539 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
According to the people at noddle it can take a few weeks to update on the online version of your report, but that the information updates almost immediately for creditor searches on your live record.


Do you know if once its updated for creditor searches on Noddle, the same update will apply to CallCredit? If that's the case, when I download the report, will it still be showing even if resolved, but not showing for creditors?

Sorry for all the questions, I am very confused by it all! :)

James


Creditors don't actually search on Noddle -- this is just a "mirror" of your report for your use. They will search Callcredit directly and changes to the record there should be pretty swift (at least in my case they were). The statutory report (the £2 a pop one) is the one creditors see.
User avatar
james539
Posts: 6
by james539 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:27 pm
Foggy wrote:
james539 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
According to the people at noddle it can take a few weeks to update on the online version of your report, but that the information updates almost immediately for creditor searches on your live record.


Do you know if once its updated for creditor searches on Noddle, the same update will apply to CallCredit? If that's the case, when I download the report, will it still be showing even if resolved, but not showing for creditors?

Sorry for all the questions, I am very confused by it all! :)

James


Creditors don't actually search on Noddle -- this is just a "mirror" of your report for your use. They will search Callcredit directly and changes to the record there should be pretty swift (at least in my case they were). The statutory report (the £2 a pop one) is the one creditors see.


Okay, that being the case, I guess I wait for a response on both Noddle and CallCredit and as soon as we feel like there a resolution, I can download the new report to double check! I just hope its fast!

Thanks again Foogy, its much appreciated!
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], katherine682 and 8 guests