Why was PPI money paid to IP

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
nicholas
by nicholas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:48 pm
Hi guys
I pulled out of my Iva around 2006/7 after only about 1 year.Within a couple of years all my creditors caught up with me.I managed to borrow some money so I paid them all off case closed, except for one black horse which I am still paying back now.so why is it that my Ppi claim which I won the monies have been paid to the Iva company,even though I pulled out of Iva and managed to settle with my creditors.The Ppi claim was against black horse and it is them who I still pay back monthly I only owe around £400 .My Ppi is £5000
Any advice please
Nick
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:59 pm
PPI belongs to the IVA and will be used to distribute to former creditors as well as to cover fees. Although you have paid back the principal loans an IVA allows for statutory interest to also be paid, in the event debts are repaid in full. If there is any surlus it would be returned to you in due course.
nicholas
by nicholas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:25 pm
Thank you foggy
I fully understand what you are saying but I think my circumstances are different.My Iva was dissolved after one year,I personally paid my creditors off myself and I received letters confirming all debts were wiped clean. So I fail to see what the Iva has to do with any of this.The only reason black horse paid my Ppi money to the Iva is because I was on file as been in a Ppi so it’s their duty to send them the money. I’m going to get in touch with the Iva company,I’ll let you know the outcome .Thanks
Nick
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:43 pm
Did you pay the full amount due to your creditors or was some of the debt written off? It might make a difference.

Don't forget your IVA will remain on your record for six years regardless off the fact that you paid it off early.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:41 pm
It does sound like a total misunderstanding, but nothing is underhand. Black Horse are just complying with instructions that have been dealt with in a court of law and is now standard practise. It is your ex IP who you need to communicate with and get a full and documented break down of who it is he proposes to pay with that PPI refund and exactly how much. Good luck.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:43 pm
Also, as an aside. If you used a claims company to get the refund then you may end up in debt again as your ex IP is under no obligation to refund them their 30% or so cut of the refund!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”