Will a phone contract affect my iva?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
J5453
by J5453 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:32 pm
I’m one month off finishing with my payments into IVA

I’m now cooperating with a PPI company set up by my IP.

There has been several PPI claims identified from my past creditors.

Today I received a letter from one of my past credit card companies that was included in the iva to say that they needed to complete a credit check because my address and name has since changed since I had the card which is correct, they have.

I did the check over the phone, and was asked to verify a past address, a mobile phone company I was with and something else.

Now my concern is that my mobile is contract which I had upgraded since the Iva and didn’t even think about it as credit as in money for my use until now but I have £325 outstanding

My worry is that my creditor has now done a credit check, would they have seen this, pass info to IP nd now I’m in the doo doo with my IVA with one payment to go? So worried now that I’m going to fail?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:20 pm
I doubt that anything will come from this and you are allowed up to £500 without permission anyway, in a very woolly clause.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:24 pm
No worries about your contract - I upgraded mine several times during my IVA with no problems at all.
J5453
by J5453 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:46 pm
Thank you for reassuring me.

I just hadn’t thought about it really until now and I think I’m over thinking things?!

Feel just as nervous towards end of the iva as beginning of it!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”