Will and IVA affect my wifes Visa application?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
matthew2306
by matthew2306 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:51 am
I am trying to bring my wife and child over to the UK from Thailand on a VISA however I'll be entering into an IVA. Before I enter into an IVA they have asked me to confirm that it will not affect her and my child's VISA application. I earn 30k a year at the moment which is well over the 18.5k required. Will I be able to enter the IVA and bring them over???
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:17 am
Who are the "they" who have asked you to confirm ? I would suggest you go to the .GOV.UK site and check there, or speak to someone at immigration directly as these things cannot be looked at alone and all of your circumstances are looked at together. As far as I know an IVA itself is not a bar, but it could be a contributory factor.

You also have to bear in mind the effects of suddenly increasing your family size ( and the need for extra living expenses reducing your disposable income and therefore IVA payment). Creditors themselves might not agree to the change and fail the IVA mid-term, unless this potential change is addressed at the start of the arrangement in the proposal itself.
Chief77
by Chief77 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:28 pm
matthew2306 wrote:
I am trying to bring my wife and child over to the UK from Thailand on a VISA however I'll be entering into an IVA. Before I enter into an IVA they have asked me to confirm that it will not affect her and my child's VISA application. I earn 30k a year at the moment which is well over the 18.5k required. Will I be able to enter the IVA and bring them over???

Hi Mathew,

I have been through exactly this for my Thai wife and daughter whilst being in an IVA and it has made no difference whatsoever. Visas do not wish to know re IVA and Visa calclations are on gross salary only.

So all will be fine
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:34 pm
Thank you Chief77. Thsi question has been posed before and we have never had a response from someone who has the hands on experience, of feedback from previous posters of the question.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:37 pm
Fingers crossed it all goes ok.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”