Will having an IVA affect job prospects in financial services?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
kerry209
by kerry209 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:56 pm
I completed in Iva in march last year (2017). I am now applying for a job with a financial services wealth company and wondered if this would effect my application- it has all been completed and should come off my file in march- but wondered if they can use this against me
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:01 pm
It will depend on the actual position, any professional bodies concerned and the individual criteria of the company concerned. Maybe a call to HR would help (anonymously if possible).
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:59 pm
I agree with Foggy and I suspect that, if they are thorough, they will ask you this specific question at some stage anyway. Because it's such a highly regulated environment, and depending on your exact role, they may just need to manage your supervision slightly differently. For example they have an obligation to evidence that there is not an increased risk of you selling inappropriate products because you need the money....I'm not suggesting for a minute that you would, even if you are being employed in an Advising role, but their regulator would expect them to mitigate this risk. We have employed people in the past who have had their own debt problems, in fact they often make the most empathetic Advisers, but it's all about understanding the risk, perceived or otherwise. Best of luck.
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 pm
I have to qualify the above by saying that, as you are no longer even in the IVA, I see that as being far less of an issue for a potential employer.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”