Will I be able to get 'help to buy' mortgage after IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
kim862
by kim862 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:31 pm
I started an iva in Feb 2012. Will be clear from my credit score Feb 2018.me and my husband are looking at getting a mortgage. We have over 20000 deposit. His credit rating is excellent he is also the bread winner on our family on nearly double my wages. How will this affect us. Desperate for some help.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:46 pm
I assume you will be looking at a joint application. If so, the IVA will come into it .. some lenders will lend, some will wait 3 or 6 years, some will never lend ! I woud suggest a chat with a whole of market broker with experience in adverse credit applications.

We have a couple who regularly post on here and both have helped many forum members get competitive mortgages. Go to the "Quick Links" tab (top left and navigate to "The Team" on the drop down menu. You are looking for Ryan and / or Shaun, who appear there in the yellow section. Click on their names and contact details will come up.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:53 pm
Hi Kim,

We'd be happy to take a look at your situation if you were to contact us.

Regards
kim862
by kim862 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:31 am
My iva is going to drop of my file Feb 2018. Me and my husband are looking to getting a mortgage with help to buy. We have 10% and if we get 20% of help yo buy we will have 30% deposit. Will this still effect even though IVA is finished. Or will I not be able to get help to buy. We have saved so much over the last year and still feel like I am getting penalised for my younger days and my poor husband.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:38 pm
Merged topics due to a previous post which has been answered.

As suggested - contact Ryan or Shaun for some advice.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:09 am
Hi Kim,

We have managed to obtain Mortgages under the Help to Buy scheme for Clients previously 6 years after the start date of an IVA so feel free to contact us if you need some assistance.

Regards
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:31 pm
Sending positive vibes Kim that Ryan's team will be able to help you on this
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”