Will my father's executor know I have an IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
katy792
by katy792 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:06 pm
hi I have an I a which lasts for another 38 months. my father has left me in inheritance 50% of the house in a will which will have to be sold. my question is will the executor of the will know I have an iva.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:43 pm
The executor should check the Insolvency Register before distrubuting funds as, I am afraid, they will be due to be paid to your IP.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:52 am
As foggy suggests the money from your 50% will go towards your creditors reaching 100% of their original debt plus IP fees and possible statutory interest. Any money left after this will be yours to keep.
karen955
by karen955 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:27 pm
does the solicitor have to keep it private and only contact myself and not the executor who is a family member.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:06 am
I was in this situation .... the solicitor wrote out to all beneficiaries asking if any were bankrupt or in a insolvency plan - I wrote back asking him to refrain from informing others about my iva and he did; although my mum was the other executor who did know about our iva.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:28 am
I imagine the executors themselves will need to know. Is the solicitor an executor ?
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”