Will my IP call after a variation meeting?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
Beaubeau
Posts: 37
by Beaubeau » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:08 pm
Hi my variation for full and final offer was done this morning at 10am, I haven’t Hurd anything and I don’t want to call them in case it’s bad news.

Will they call me ??

Thanks
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26105
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:10 pm
They should call shortly -- but some are more remiss than others. It would be as well to chase them -- you have to know one way or another ... good luck.
User avatar
Beaubeau
Posts: 37
by Beaubeau » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:13 pm
I’m
So nervous iv got butterfly’s this is such a massive decision. I’ve waited since August to get to this point.
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73082
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:05 pm
I'm sure you will be fine - I'd give them a call though so you can put your mind at rest.
User avatar
Beaubeau
Posts: 37
by Beaubeau » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:24 pm
Ok
I’m
Going to call
Now
User avatar
Beaubeau
Posts: 37
by Beaubeau » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:42 pm
I called them and they said they can see anything updated on the system so the variation team will call me back before 4pm.
:cry:
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73082
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:52 pm
Hope you get a reply soon. :)
User avatar
Beaubeau
Posts: 37
by Beaubeau » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:47 pm
They rang me back and she said they are waiting on an urgent email back from creditors next. App they have to be ok with it before it’s agreed.

They said if they don’t call me back by 4pm then they haven’t had a reply from next.

Is this normal as I thought the votes had to be in by 10.00 am

Help

Thanks
User avatar
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Posts: 6698
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:53 pm
It sounds to me like they didn't get any/sufficient votes by the deadline, in which case they may have to adjourn it.
User avatar
Beaubeau
Posts: 37
by Beaubeau » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:56 pm
I did try and digg out information she did say the other creditors that voted voted in favour and it was down to next now.

It’s a joint variation she said my husbands was fine it was just mine.
User avatar
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Posts: 6698
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:50 pm
So Next must have voted against then and must have over 25% in value of the creditors that voted..?

Otherwise if they did not vote, and all other creditors that voted did so in favour the variation would be approved...

(you need 75%in value of creditors that VOTE to approve a variation)

I can only think your IP is asking them to alter their vote...?

Ask for a better explanation.
User avatar
Beaubeau
Posts: 37
by Beaubeau » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:45 pm
I am over the moon varaifion has all been accepted.

Will be sending money to them to get the ball rolling.

I’m so excited I’m looking forward to a debt free future.

6 months of worrying!! I can now relax a little.


Thanks :)
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 26105
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:46 pm
Congratulations -- time for a celebration this weekend :-)
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73082
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:48 pm
Fabulous news - so pleased for you.
User avatar
Beaubeau
Posts: 37
by Beaubeau » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 pm
Thankyou for all your help and support.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests