Will we lose our house if we enter another IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
penny529
by penny529 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:37 pm
Ok so ten years ago we had roughly £50,000 debt we were struggling so enter into an Iva, my in laws gave us £35,000 which we used to end our Iva early, the £35,000 is a charge on our land registry.
However due to bad money keeping we find ourselves back where we were before but worse. £65,000 in debt, two loans totalling £26,000 and the rest over 9 credit cards,
I am kicking myself we are here again. However I have a part time job now and my husband is dong well at work, we bring in roughly £3,000 a month, however the mortgage and household bills and food is roughly £1,400 a month whereas the debts minimum payments are £1400 a month.
We are in overdraft by 1,000 every month so charges on that also.
Our mortgage is £159,000 Intrest only, and it worth roughly £220,000.
We can't get a remortgage or secured loan because on the £35,000 charge and affordability is just pants.
We are making all payments on time and haven't missed any payments, but how are we here again! Thing is it's not like we have a nice car, the house is falling apart, the car is pants, it's the £20 here, the £20 there that's ends up being £300 a month you know.
For 12 years my husband worked for his dad and not once had a pay rose in that time and I was raising our family.
I and now working albeit part time, and my usnad works full time.
Feel like I'm robbing Peter to pay Paul you know?
How am I here again! Hate myself right now. Losing sleep. Worried about having to start another Iva but won't have a bail out this time, so my questions are.
Will we lose the house?
I just can't have people chasing me again, I nearly ended it all last time through fear. Can I pay the full amounts whilst trying to sort an Iva? Can we even get one? We earn a lot, but the payments are killing us. What can we do?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:41 pm
Depending on all the other circumstances and IVA is a possibility and the house will be protected, though you will have to look at equity release near the end. I would suggest a chat with one or two firms to explore options.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:44 pm
Hi Penny,

As Foggy says it may be possible to do another IVA - others have certainly done this previously. As you know from the first time this would protect your home.

All the best with everything.

Regards
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:31 am
I agree its a possibility but unable to confirm without knowing your fill financial picture. Speak to an IP and get some advice. I'd be happy to chat.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”