Winter

35 posts Page 2 of 3

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:35 am
I was always in bed before that!

No discipline for a lot of kids these days.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:40 am
Oh I forgot to add winter is my fave season of them all, love it!!

Haha well as I got older was allowed to stay out later. But always had to be in for 9 even in my teens!!
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:46 am
Aw winter's great.

I think Prague is much nicer in the winter. There's less tourists and the snow on all of the buildings makes it so picturesque. I'd recommend a weekend trip here to anyone. I even don't mind the -26c it managed to get to last February lol.

As for noisy children i haven't seen that so much over here either, they are usually pretty well behaved. In fact if you hear a kid having a tantrum on a tram/metro it's usually some non Czech lol

I've been back to the UK twice since i moved over here 20 months ago (HOW can it be that long already??) and i always feel a kind of disappointment/sadness at what i see when i do.

I don't really miss it at all to be honest, it hardly feels like the country i called my home for so many years..

Ooops i've rambled again...
Last edited by animaleyes76 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

flow13

Post by flow13 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:50 pm
We have 3 children with us every weekend age 10, 14 and 16. The youngest plays out, but the older 2 are usually glued to their phones or the wii.

The street is full of kids though. Good ole Tipton!
Its now time to start living and to make some some wonderful memories!
Read my blog at http://flow13.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Aiming for the finish line'

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:53 pm
How sad am I? my daughter who is 17 in October doesn't go out, if she does it's to an organised party, she's not allowed out to just 'go up town' Not that she wants to, she has a boyfriend (coming up to 3 years now) and they're either here or at his, so I'm more than happy. No worries like I had with the other 3. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

flow13

Post by flow13 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:02 pm
My stepson has to be in at 9 on school nights and 10 at weekends.
My youngest stepdaughter plays with the neighbours children and at 9 they go indoors to whoevers house they are at (of a weekend)

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:03 pm
We all seem to be very sensible people lol.
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

flow13

Post by flow13 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:06 pm
[:D][:D] Of course we are! [8D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:01 pm
My daughter was allowed pretty much a free reign at 17. She has always been very sensible though and I don't worry about her getting drunk.

She is always the one who has to drive as fiance has a sight problem.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

carole2662

Post by carole2662 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:53 pm
I took my son and daughter to the bus stop every morning and picked them up every night until they both got their own cars. Then it seemed that we didnt see my daughter for ages, she would go out before us and back really late. she has calmed down now at the age of 31. Son was always too mean to spend money so saved his petrol untill he really wanted to go somewhere that was until he found LOVE now he always seems to be in the car on his way to pick up the girlfriend(or trailer trash as we call her). Not happy with this as we feel she is taking him for a ride still at 21 he is old enough to sort it out himself

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:51 pm
The house next door is still empty - they can't find a tenant. Had a chat with the owner today and told her how I hope whoever moves in is better than the last lot. In fairness she has given me her contact details and asked me to let her know if ever we have trouble again.

I'm now on the hunt to find tenants for her [:)]

On the down side - Dobby decided to bark his head off at 4am this morning -something must have spooked him, but I couldn't work out what. A lady opposite has just complained to me about him [:(] He does bark, but normally theres a reason for it - I tried to tell this lady, he must have heard someone outside and was guarding us, She wasn't having any of it.

I feel awful now.[:(]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:17 pm
My step daughter is the opposite Carole - 31 and not a nice person to know at times, extremely selfish, farms her daughter out to anyone who will have her so she can go out and get plastered.

Julie - my three bark for England! They were a nightmare last night!

On the other hand, they were better than the doorbell - at least I knew when someone had arrived!
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:56 pm
I'm moving in Julie! your worst nightmare! Along with all my children, my trampoline (haven't got one but will buy one) and my dogs! he he!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:55 pm
[:D] as long as you don't drink flagons of strongbow, whilst sitting on deckchairs in the front garden Lesley [:D]

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:04 pm
Not met that would be my family Julie, I've more class I like Lambrini! Joking!
35 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “friends corner”