Wish to sell house 3 years into IVA. House in joint name with ex-wife.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
delse1806
by delse1806 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:23 am
Hi

I am currently 3 years into a IVA and I have a house to sell that is in joint names with my ex-wife. Could somebody advise on where i stand in terms of what monies i will have to give to the IVA when the sale completes.

Thank You
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:30 am
You will have to pay over 85% of your share of the equity if you sell while in an IVA, up to the amount of your full original debt, plus fees and possible statutory interest.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:57 am
There is a "work around" possible: You could go to your creditors, via your IP, and offer to sell the house for the purposes of making a full and final offer. If the offer is refused you will not sell and the IVA will continue as bafore. Doing it this way will give you more of a share of the equity (depending on actual figures, of course), give the creditors what they signed up for and end your IVA early.
The F&F offer amount should be based on the number of remaining payments, plus 12 for equity, multiplied by the monthly amount.
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:45 pm
Alternatively you could consider raising money with a mortgage or loan in order to offer funds to your creditors in full and final settlement, then sell and settle the debt.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”