With freeman jones since 6yrs. Told today that IVA will extend another 10 months

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Markosmaximus
by Markosmaximus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:50 pm
Have been in an iva with freeman jones for 6years in March to be told today that it will continue till jan 19 because I owe them £3800 for when agreement was on hold while my wife was on maternity pay because of lack of income for 6months apparently arrears are paid but I owe this amount still is this correct ?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:02 pm
If you had a break in payments these are normally added back on at the end, so, yes, they are correct.

But, you say, "apparently arrears are paid" --- have you made extra payments, over and above your regular payments and any extra income payments ?
Markosmaximus
by Markosmaximus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm
No extra payments made just payments reduced over this period to compensate lack of income while wife on maternity, I was told by them this is in fact like a loan that you repay before being issued final cert of completion and there is no income and expenditure to complete
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:06 pm
Sounds as though it is playing catch up.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:36 pm
Does sound about right, depending on what was agreed at the time. Often, whilst missed payments are tacked on at the end, reductions do not always have to be repaid.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”