Working but no wage slips

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

indebtandnotproud

Post by indebtandnotproud » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:45 pm
Hi everyone,

We are still in the process of sorting out our IVA and have sent most of our documents. My partner only works 2 days per week due to poor health and has her wages paid directly into the bank. However, she does not get wage slips and neither do any other employees. Whenever we have needed to prove her earnings we have shown bank statements or had a letter from her boss stating how many hours she works per week and the hourly rate.

Our IVA firm are adamant that they have pay slips even though we have none to provide. We have been told that the IVA cannot go ahead without these. We have sent bank statements and highlighted the money being paid in which shows the amount and company name. Shoulkdn't this be good enough and if not what can we do if she cannot get payslips? The only option I can see is her having to leave her job which would then result in less money for the creditors and is not what we want to happen.

Ben

Cath

Post by Cath » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:24 pm
I thought providing payslips was a legal requirement. Has she had a P60 at all?

Why would she have to leave her job though, unless she were to move to another job?
7 year IVA completed in December 2016 - there is light at the end of that tunnel

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:36 pm
I think that you may be clients of mine, because a member of my staff asked me about the same query today? It is a legal requirement to recieve wage-slips, and I am suprised that your wife's employers do not issue them. Is there any particular reason for this?

Bank statements do not provide the full picture - for instance your wife could have a staff loan being deducted, other deductions such as sharesave schemes which would affect the IVA. If she could get a letter from her employers confirming her gross salary, together with the deductions made and notification of her tax coding this might be a compromise, but I still don't understand why this firm is not honouring their requirement to provide wageslips.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

orange

Post by orange » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:52 pm
i once worked for a nursing home that didnt give out wage slips...it was strange you had no idea if you paid tax or not.we did how ever get a p60
completed july 2011

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:00 pm
Hi
I think that it is reasonable to insist on wage slips and any employer should provide these
Regards
Andam Davies

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:59 pm
Unless you work cash in hand, you should get a payslip. I've never not had one in all my working life.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

orange

Post by orange » Sat May 01, 2010 4:27 pm
i think the amount were wrote on a pay envelope.....so i supose this might have been the kinda pay slip
completed july 2011

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat May 01, 2010 5:04 pm
an employer has to provide you with a payslip/statement of pay. if they don't for whatever reason, then i'm sure a phonecall to the inland revenue would nudge things along.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 01, 2010 5:15 pm
Orange - that is not the same as a proper payslip.

All employers should provide you with this.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

orange

Post by orange » Sun May 02, 2010 4:46 pm
didnt work there long i was only 19 at the time...all i remember is it was cash in a pay packet and i think i got a p60/p45 .it was 25yrs ago though
completed july 2011

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun May 02, 2010 4:49 pm
I think that was quite common 25 yrs ago Orange .[:)]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon May 03, 2010 12:44 pm
I've always had a payslip, even when I did Saturday working as a teenager - and that's more years ago than I care to remember!
Bob Marley.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”