Worried about IVA change and whether I can get a payment break

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Stephend0890
by Stephend0890 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:50 pm
a little worried have problems with my car and been told by my garage that its not economically repairable, rang knightsbridge up to see what options i have, been told iva transferred to creditfix to my surprise, like what going on? they say i can request a payment break to help get back on the road just need to send evidence from my garage, just abit worried about iva change and if i can get this payment break if anyone got experience thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:54 pm
Creditfix are in the process of buying up a lot of cases at the moment but, on the plus side, they do seem to be helpful in running the arrangements and amenable to things like breaks to help you overcome difficulties. However, they stink at communication, so you have to get on their backs and constantly chivvy them along.
Stephend0890
by Stephend0890 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:17 pm
any advice on rent to but cars in a iva....looks like i'll get a payment break and could use this cash towards a car this way 300 deposit 30 a week for 12 months then car is mine, would this be acceptable in a iva? no credit checks no loans all in house with a local garage
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:44 pm
Stephend0890 wrote:
any advice on rent to but cars in a iva....looks like i'll get a payment break and could use this cash towards a car this way 300 deposit 30 a week for 12 months then car is mine, would this be acceptable in a iva? no credit checks no loans all in house with a local garage

If your IP is happy and gives permission I would imagine you would have to fund the payments from existing allowances -- I can't see your creditors agreeing to, effectively, pay for your car by reducing the IVA payment to cover the "rent" ....(however you dress it up, it is still a loan though).
jonathah
by jonathah » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:10 am
That car deal sounds like one of those "need a car can't get credit" things. You'll be better off walking, (which is what you may end up doing!) please don't do it even in the unlikely event your IP will allow it.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”