would IVA mean that my son has to leave his school

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Mark.by

Post by Mark.by » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:45 pm
My wife and I are inbtge same situation as so
many others and are considering applying for an IVA. We sold our house a few months ago to pay off some debt and are now in rented. My concern is our son... The schools in our area are dire with 2 classes of 30. So we decided to put him into an independent school...
Yes we pay for this, but we just want what is best for him. If we set on the route for an IVA, would they
make us take him out of his school ???

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:21 pm
Hi MArk.by - welcome to the forum.

Each case is taken on its own merit and assessed individually so it is not automatic that creditors would ask he be moved. If what is proposed is seen as reasonable and that you are doing everything you can, within your personal circumstances then the creditors may agree. It depends on a number of things including his age and what the impact would be by moving him.

The best thing you can do is speak to 2 or 3 companies to discuss your situation further and get some advice. No-one can tell you what the creditors will defeinitely do but they can best advise based on their experiences of clients in similar situations.

There are highly recommended companies and IPs who post on here and who are reviewed at www.iva.com give some a call and see what is said.

Regards,
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”