Yahooooi

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

sue934

Post by sue934 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:05 pm
Well, the day has come. I’ve just got home from a (frugal) shopping trip to find my completion certificate on the doormat!
Last payment was 10/1/2019, so I can only say a big thank you to Stepchange who, I have to say, have been brilliant. Some of the written correspondence was a bit scary at times , but the people on the end of the phone were very reassuring and helpful.
I’m actually feeling a little emotional. It has been a long hard road, although financially it wasn’t too bad as I hardly lived a champagne lifestyle before the IVA, which was a result of my redundancy, my partner’s ill health and supporting children on low wages. Anyway, health issues are now improved, kids have grown up and moved on as they do, and I landed a job with more money so life has changed for the better.
Mainly, I just wanted to say a huge thanks to all on this site. It has been my life line over these six long years and you will never know how much support you have given me and how much I have learned along the way. Your kindness and time is much appreciated as life was very bleak at one point.
To all at the start or middle of your journey, just keep going. Things will get better and you can get your life on track again. My work brings me into contact with people who are often struggling financially and I honestly think I have more empathy and understanding of their situation than some of my more well-heeled colleagues. No one understands the sleepless nights, nasty phone calls from debt agencies etc more than someone who has been through it.
Anyway, I’ll have a cup of tea now and may well treat myself to a bottle of (Aldi) Prosecco later!

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:21 pm
Congratulations and well done ! :-)

Must admit that I was actually living to a better standard once in the IVA than I was beforehand -- made sweeter by the abatement of stress caused by all of the financial juggling. One of the big things, for me, was the financial rehabilitation ... connecting with real money again. How many of those "more well-heeled colleagues" of yours are actually on the brink ? Maybe one bad month away from going over the edge -- it is frightening really !

But, hey ....... break out the Prosecco .. you deserve it :)

Onward and Upward
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:45 pm
Congratulations Sue, good luck in your debt free future.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

sarah341

Post by sarah341 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:56 am
Congratulations well done.
I am only at the very beginning of my journey, I maid one payment so far, 59 to go.
I actually have more money that I have before IVA and my life already changed for better.

sue934

Post by sue934 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:44 am
sarah341 wrote:
Congratulations well done.
I am only at the very beginning of my journey, I maid one payment so far, 59 to go.
I actually have more money that I have before IVA and my life already changed for better.
Thanks Sarah
I remember seeing posts from people who had completed their IVAs and can’t believe I’m there too. It really wasn’t too bad for me and I’ll never forget the awful stress I was under prior to the IVA. There were downsides but I just kept reminding myself there was an end in sight and looking on here for support. I really want to move once I’ve had a few repairs done to my house and I’ll get them done using money I used to pay into the IVA. As Foggy says, so many people are on the brink, it’s a huge learning curve. All the best for your debt free future! :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:19 am
Brilliant news! Well done!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”