Debt and health issues
Debt is proven to have a detrimental effect on an individual's health. One in six people have experienced debt related health problems. Debt leads to poor health; it also puts pressure and huge demands on an individual. Some common symptoms that might lead to debt related health problems are:
- Low confidence
- Loss of sleep
- Short temper
- High blood pressure
- Inability to concentrate
IVA.co.uk provides you with some healthy tips on your well being while handling your financial situation.
- Keep an eye on all your income and expenses: This will keep your mind at ease and prevent the constant worry of miscalculations and overcharges.
- Don't beat yourself up over your debts: You cannot change what has gotten you into financial trouble.
- Accept your debt situation and concentrate on finding a way out.
- Analyse your behaviour patterns: Get rid of all procrastination and unhealthy perfectionisms.
- Eat healthy: If your body gets the right nutrition you will have a healthy view of your finances.
- Exercise and relaxation: Go for a long walk or run, followed by a bath. It will help relieve stress.
- Reward yourself in other ways than spending money. Feel a sense of achievement when you pay bills.
- Talk to people around you: Don't close yourself off from your friends. You can still enjoy life without spending over your budget.
The aftermath of debt
- Fighting is more common among couples with an income over £45000.
- Single mothers in debt are at high risk to health problems because they will deprive themselves of nutrition to be able to feed their children.
- Parents with debt problems are more prone to bad parenting due to stress and depression from their debts.
- An individual who spends a certain amount on health products, exercise, and visits to the doctor can experience health deterioration when having to decrease personal expenses interfering with their regular health routine.
- Common mental disorders are prolonged under financial pressure.
- Financial troubles can lead to exceeding vulnerability during or post a major life change.
- Mortgage debts have increased males visits to GP's
There are proven links between poverty and health issues and also definite connections between debt reliefs leading to health improvement.
The above is provided as information only. Iva.co.uk does not provide debt advice. You must always seek professional advice before taking any action to resolve your debts.