1st annual review completed

12 posts Page 1 of 1

louiseh

Post by louiseh » Fri May 30, 2008 2:27 pm
My first annual review has now been completed, just a small increase in payments which is fine. Can't believe it's been a year already and so far so good, definately the smartest financial decision I've made for a long time. Car also past it's MOT today with no additional costs, despite being 11 years old! So all in all not a bad day

rayb

Post by rayb » Fri May 30, 2008 3:04 pm
Well done!!! I am just coming up to my 2nd Year review, it is going so quick.

goulda

Post by goulda » Fri May 30, 2008 4:52 pm
louiseh

can I ask what some of your allowances were ie. housekeeping, dental,optical,sky etc. also what company are you with
A. G. Gould

e.h

Post by e.h » Fri May 30, 2008 6:54 pm
Hi Louise

Its a great feeling isn't it to get past the first one. I made my 20th payment on Wednesday just gone and now I am a third way through the process and I can honestly say its flown by. It hasn't been a doddle but its a lot easier than sweating every month thinking "will there be enough on that card to pay all the bills?". Good luck for the next 12 months.

Liz
x

louiseh

Post by louiseh » Fri May 30, 2008 8:03 pm
goulda

I'm with Grant Thornton, allowances are £350 housekeeping (2 adults, up by £30 this year, I don't have sky, and optical, dental etc all in as £60 for 2(2 lots of opticians included).

Good luck to everyone else muddling through their IVAs.

goulda

Post by goulda » Sat May 31, 2008 12:58 pm
thanks louiseh

by coincidence I am with Grant Thornton (formerly with Debtmatters)
do they allow sports, hobbies or social allowances as Debtmatters did not
My health allowance is slightly higher than yours as I require a monthly prescription £65 per month
A. G. Gould

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Sat May 31, 2008 1:02 pm
louiseh why didnt you get sky? you wouldnt have had to pay the £30 increase because sky cost would have been on your new expenditure list.you have to have some comforts.[xx(]another one is british gas homecare if you havent got it i would recommend, it covers everything in the house and a service every year because in an iva if something breaks there isnt much cash for repairs.It isnt too late to contact the ip and tell him of the extra expenditure he maybe hasnt sent a copy to the creditors yet[8D]
Last edited by indebtforever on Sat May 31, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

michael.t47

Post by michael.t47 » Sat May 31, 2008 1:09 pm
i joining u all soon
i honestly cannot wait till is sorted
spent far too long robbing peter.........

louiseh

Post by louiseh » Sat May 31, 2008 1:26 pm
indebtforever
I don't have sky because there's enough rubbish on the 36 freeview channels without adding to it, I'm not a great watcher of tv, so i'd rather give my creditors a bit more than pay for something I don't need. Besides I&e form specifically relates to existing areas of expenditure and not new expenditure. Also don't have british gas homecare, don't have gas supply. Fathers an electrician so that covers all electrical problems.

goulda
I don't know about sports or hobbies allowances, I didn't ask for any, my hobbies etc are either very cheap or free!

Wizzard

Post by Wizzard » Sat May 31, 2008 1:41 pm
goulda wrote:

thanks louiseh

My health allowance is slightly higher than yours as I require a monthly prescription £65 per month
You should apply for an NHS prepayment card Goulda. You would save £50 per month if not a little more. It costs £10:25 Pm and covers all your prescription needs. My wife uses it and saves £40 PM.
When I was young I was called a rugged individualist
When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric
Here I am doing and saying the same things I did back then and now I'm labelled senile

goulda

Post by goulda » Sat May 31, 2008 2:32 pm
sorry Ray I wasn't clear the £65 includes dental, optical and haircuts which are in the same category on the Grant Thornton expenditure sheet(my prescription is £7 per month only)
A. G. Gould

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 31, 2008 2:38 pm
I have a prepayment certificate, and what a boon it has been (5 permanent lots of tablets per month). I was told though when I wa sorting the proposal out that the creditors wouldn't take any notice of that. Can't remember what it went under now.

It seems to me that the creditors change the goal posts for each individual IVA for some things.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for may”