2 questions - co-operative cashminder and F&F ques

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

iva2012

Post by iva2012 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:06 pm
Hi,
I'm being a bit shy, and the last week or so have read lots and gained lots of advice from you all on here, but it's only my second post. Me and my other half have seperate accounts (halifax and barclays) and have tried to get a joint account with either of them but to no avail, they won't touch us anymore. The reason we want a joint is so that all the money he earns, plus tax and child credits etc, can all go into one, all the bills can go out of one, and anything (v little) left over can be shared between us, so we dont end up like we are at the moment, with one needing petrol and the money being in the other's bank etc. So anyway, after reading lots on here we have decided to apply for a cashminder account this morning, but when applied, it has been referred, I just wondered if anyone else had there's referred and if it did eventually go through or whether it was also declined.

My second question is, my uncle died a while back and his widow has come into a lot of money, which is possible to go to a F&f payment for the IVA, the problem being after speaking to my IP, I'm not sure how much to ask for, she said we could offer a bit less back than the full payment, no less than 25p in every £, and currently we pay 42p in the £ so £350 a month, could anyone give me a rough idea of how much we should start our first offer at please?
Thanks so much in advance and hope you have a lovely time at frugal in slough (it's about half hour from me)

ClAIRE
Last edited by iva2012 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 to be free...

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:19 pm
I suggest that you ask your IP to work out a settlement figure based upon achieving the original dividend payable, and then see if your aunt is prepared to lend you that sum.

Are you coming tomorrow evening Claire?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

iva2012

Post by iva2012 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:25 pm
The IP I spoke to today, said to get a figure and then go back to them...which is what made me post, as in my head I have the 14,000 to say, but I don't know whether to ask for this amount, or to aim a little lower. We have a 9 month old little boy, hence why our situation changed (plus redundancy on no pay for my partner) but I just don't really know where to start with those figures.
I wont be able to make it, firstly as very skint indeed currently, and secondly I am just a little too shy, and very new to this forum.
2012 to be free...

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:23 pm
That doesn't stop you from asking them to calculate the figure for you. It will take about five minutes of their time and will enable you to approach your aunt with some specific plan.

stressed_suzanne

Post by stressed_suzanne » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:47 pm
Hi Claire,

It's mine and my DH's first FF meeting tomorrow (might be my last too if the IVA doesn't come through, but that's a whole other story!) Anyhow, was going to say, if you're anywhere near Bracknell I'd be more than happy to take you :)
Suzanne

iva2012

Post by iva2012 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:14 pm
funny enough, that's where i live, martins heron. i might consider one in future but thanks for your offer x
2012 to be free...

stressed_suzanne

Post by stressed_suzanne » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:36 pm
No worries, we'd be going right past your door :) But yes, next time there's a local-ish one, please shout if you want a lift :)
Suzanne

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:56 pm
Suzanne, what do you mean it might be your last one if your IVA doesn't come through? I'm not in an IVA and Andy and Mel haven't barred me from the Frugal Friends meetings yet!

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:16 pm
The same here ... my F&F was accepted a few months ago now but I still always enjoy attending the F&F meetings [:)]

Debbie
Debbie

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:31 pm
stressed suzanne and iva2012...i also live in bracknell..wouldnt it be funny if we knew each other....we will be at slough saturday.....maybe meet you then....
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:28 am
Frugal Friend meetings are for all forum posters, regardless of insolvency status, expertise or profession. The meetings are just an excuse for a get together with a few drinks to share experiences sometimes about debt, but mostly about lots of other interesting things.

stressed_suzanne

Post by stressed_suzanne » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:47 am
I'm all for a drink and a get-together :) Thanks for all the reassurances that we'd still be welcome LOL.

moretolife - it really is a small world isn't it! Look forward to seeing you later :)
Suzanne
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”