2 Questions:

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Beverley

Post by Beverley » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:25 pm
I have my creditors meeting soon. Am hoping to obtain yes votes from creditors although a couple a being very stubborn.

1) First Question - if I dont get IVA through I will petition for bankruptcy - I will not be able to practice in my area of expertise and I dont fancy other types of jobs. I will move back to India where I will spend the rest of my life - what happens regarding any payment orders made upon me as a result of bankruptcy? I will be living in the middle of virtually nowhere where we get post once a week etc - so any orders are unlikley to affext me as I wont be returning to this country.

2) Second question - my brother has had 2 credit cards frozen this weekend by his bank which is my main creditor - he has a good credit history and is shocked that both credit cards have been frozen - they have said to call back on Monday and they will tell him the reason. He lives in the same house so assume that it has to do with me? Can this happen?

Anyway, hope my creditors say yes next week as i am confident with pay rises and bonuses my total return will be around 70p in £ - but have a bad feeling as 20% of my creditors have personally told me that they will vote no. Personally, I am not overly bothered as am set to petition for bankruptcy and disappear into the wilderness abroad, but would be much happier leaving in 5 years time knowing i have tried my level best paying back as much as possible to my creditors. I really want to pay back as much as i possibly can amd will work my butt off in the next 5 years to secure huge pay rises and bonuses if my iva is accepted.

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:44 pm
Hello Beverley

I'm not one of the experts here but I just wanted to say good luck and keep posting to let us know how you get on. You should be admired for your philosophical outlook on things.[:)]

Debbie

www.familyceremonies.co.uk

www.soulgrowth.co.uk
Debbie

couple31

Post by couple31 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:15 pm
Was it just collection people on the phone that said they would vote no.

They have no say over the final decision and are just trying to scare you into making a payment

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:37 am
Hi
Couple31 is correct in that the decision makers regarding your IVA will be far removed from the call centre staff,so i wouldn't worry.
With regards to your brothers credit cards they do have a right to do this but a phone call from your brother may resolve the issue on Monday
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postbag for october”