2 yippees and 1 to go!! completion

12 posts Page 1 of 1

rhinos3054

Post by rhinos3054 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:51 pm
Hello everyone,

Not posted before and I apologise in advance for this lengthy post I have been a constant visitor to the forum, and have benefitted greatly from the posts on here and the excellent advice from the experts and those in a similar position to myself. It's an incredibly supportive site and full of kindness and good solid common sense and expertise, thankyou!I will certainly keep posting.

The first yippee was nearly 3 years ago when my IVA application was accepted. The relief following that was immense believe me! The second yippee was at Xmas when my full and final was offered due to a friend's help and was accepted by the creditors, more relief!
The third yippee will be when I get the Completion certificate. Waiting for this is quite stressful but at least I know it will arrive eventually.

It's a few weeks now and I wanted to ask if you'd advise giving my IP (Mark Allen at GT) a polite nudge to see if there's any progress or should I leave it a few more weeks? I have to say that Mark and his team at Grant Thornton have been excellent in both the professional and the kind way they have managed my IVA. Their communication to date has been brill and I've been kept informed at each stage, so a huge public thankyou to them!

Finally a comment to all on here who have atruggled and maybe are still struggling...there is an end to this and it comes round sooner than you think. Stick with it and make use of all the help you can. This forum has shown we're not alone and there are many caring people out here!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:56 pm
Hi Rhinos and welcome to the Forum.
Congratulations on the ending of your IVA and it is not unreasonable to want your certificate. Even though it will have little impact on your ability to obtain credit, it would still mean closure and I am sure GT will understand.

Give them a call and I am sure they will get your file closed down as there should be very little left for them to do.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:07 pm
Mark is one of the best IPs I know, and there is no harm in enquiring how long it is still going to take to see your case closed.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:08 pm
Mark is one of the best IPs I know, and there is no harm in enquiring how long it is still going to take to see your case closed.

rhinos3054

Post by rhinos3054 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:32 pm
Thanks for that folks, will give him a ring tomorrow. From the variation meeting it seems there was only one creditor 'max recovery' I guess they must have bought the debt? anyway once again thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:03 pm
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on finishing your IVA.

Give them a call as advised, I'm sure it will be winging it's way to you soon.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:43 pm
Hi and welcome from myself too. All good advice above x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:06 pm
Hi rhinos and huge congratulations on completing your IVA [:)] I'm sure the phonecall will nudge GT along.

Look forward to reading the next yippee!![:)]

xx

back on track

Post by back on track » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:11 am
i gave my ip a nudge for my wifes completion certificate after it had taken 4 months,had the certificate and paperwork by the end of the week so i just think they had sat on it for a while.
no harm in asking after all its their job to know[:)]
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

rhinos3054

Post by rhinos3054 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:30 am
Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the supportive comments. Just an update, rang GT, unfortunately wasn't able to speak directly to mark but they're all very good there. It seems it will be another 4 weeks taking it to 12 weeks in all, told it's very rarely dealt with under the 12 weeks, something about giving the creditors time to make their claim against the final premium (didn't really get all that but gather it's the practice)

So the last yippee is on hold for 4 weeks but at least it's there and I don't have to keep looking for the post every day!!
Cheers Karl

Declan at DebtFreeDirect

Post by Declan at DebtFreeDirect » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:46 am
Hi Karl
The 12 week period is to allow all your creditors to put in their claims for the final dividend payment of your IVA. It can sometimes happen quicker but this depends on your creditors.

That aside, congratulations on successfully completing your IVA.

Thanks
Declan Murray
Debt Advisor
Debt Free Direct - the UK's largest IVA provider.
http://www.debtfreedirect.co.uk/iva/

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:23 pm
Not sure why claims cannot be agreed at a much earlier stage - especially with protocol based IVAs where claims have to be in within 4 months of the date of the arrangement.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “full and final settlements”