2nd review complicated and long

2 posts Page 1 of 1

sillybilly

Post by sillybilly » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:41 pm
Hi all just wanted a bit of advice can't quite believe I have got to my 2nd review however this time it's not been so plain sailing.
My job is under along with others a period of consultation which I was aware would be happening which could end with me losing my job or a pay cut.I have been doing my best to do everything to secure my employability which has meant doubling up with 2 degree module courses and for a short period accepting fulltime hours which 2 of the days are on a higher rate of pay. I have been paying the excess into my IVA but knew this would be confusing at the review time. I sent my last correspondance from my manager which said I would be doing these extra hours until the end of June this would be reviewed but as yet has not been. For the purposes of my pay as it stands at the moment on the 1st July I will return to my contracted part time hours and lower rate of pay. As it was so confusing and I had sent all my payslips into my IVA company I filled out the expenses form and left the pay blank and asked if they would kindly work it out as my last basic pay was December. I presumed my payment would go up a little bit as my Husbands pay with the tax changes etc has risen a small amount. However as they had all the information before them I did not think for one moment that they would include my extra hours and payrise as it's only until the end of June (until I hear otherwise). I have just got home their office is now closed and my payment is to increase by £139 a month as they have used my current pay. My question is if my wages go back as planned in July how the heck will I find that money. As I understand a variation meeting costs more money and quite frankly it seems so unfair. I am so disappointed that I don't appear to have been listened to or understood. I can't tell you how stressed out I am and I only read the letter an hour ago.
We came with nothing, we leave with nothing.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:54 am
I am sure if you remind them of your circumstances they will see that it is not possible for you to increase your payments given that you will revert to normal hours at the end of this month. I expect that this can be easily resolved, but which firm are you with?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “annual review”