3 months on and still getting demands

14 posts Page 1 of 1

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sat May 24, 2008 10:04 am
I know I've posted this before but I'm starting to get really peeved now.... I received a letter from Wescot regarding one of the debts, informing me that they were going to commence door step collection procedures, got one for hubby's main creditors the other day too....
The thing that I find confusing is that when we moved I DID NOT notify them of our new address and yet they have it because that's where they are writing to...How did they get that information???? I'm assuming that it's either from the OR, who should have surely contacted them by now, or from the Insolvency register.
EITHER WAY THEY SHOULD KNOW WE ARE BANKRUPT!!!!!
Do they still send out letters in the hope that we will panic and pay??
Sorry about the rant but it's becoming SO not funny anymore. [:(!][:(!]
Last edited by chris.g on Sat May 24, 2008 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be back......

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sat May 24, 2008 10:22 am
Chris, it's not funny, I don't blame you. If they got your address from the OR or the register then SURELY they know you are bankrupt! Is this harrassement? I wonder if you can threaten them with any legal jargon? Chin up, you've done nothing wrong. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Sat May 24, 2008 12:15 pm
We had the same trouble, from Westcott too, they somehow got our new address, and it must have been from the OR notifying them of bankruptcy! I just ignored them and binned the letters, they stopped eventually and nobody came to the house

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sat May 24, 2008 1:33 pm
Well I phoned them, just for the satisfaction of telling them!!! The girl took the details and said they would keep it on file for 7days until they get the OR to confirm it.....like she'll reply!!! I've been waiting over a week for a reply from her!
xx

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Sat May 24, 2008 10:56 pm
A bit frustrating chris after 3 months but hang in there they will surely get the message soon enough......as if you have not gone through enough with creditor pressure before bankruptcy, getting it 3 months after is a pain[:(!]

Chill out and relaxxx this weekend
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

angela18

Post by angela18 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:18 am
you would think they would already know wouldn't you..

i don't know much about bankruptcy, but are you still protected like in an IVA?

Enjoy the rest of your windy weekend
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun May 25, 2008 10:26 am
The thing is I looked on my credit file a couple of weeks ago....fancied a laugh!!!.... and there is a ccj been granted over a month after I filed br. [:0]
Now while I know that this debt will fall into the br, I'm just a bit concerned that as I have a ccj is will show as being unsatisfied indefinately on my file. I have contacted the OR, the email I'm still waiting for a reply to.....to get some advice on what can be done as it shouldn't have been granted.
I just feel that the OR dealing with both mine and hubby's br doesn't know her bot hole from a hole in the ground!!!! I have a fear of something not being dealt with properly and then emerging AFTER we are discharged.......
xx
Last edited by chris.g on Sun May 25, 2008 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

aguise

Post by aguise » Sun May 25, 2008 10:26 am
If you have any more problems I would tell them that you are informing the OR as it is harassment and they are not allowed to keep contacting you. You have creditor protection and they know that, if they have your new address tell them that is because they know of the bankrupcy and should therefpre know they are acting illegally. Yes it can take a while to filter through but they obviously ignore the info they have.

Ang
Last edited by aguise on Sun May 25, 2008 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Sun May 25, 2008 12:34 pm
I had a CCJ and a Charging Order granted AFTER the bankruptcy date! I think it only matters if you want to clear up your credit files, I have no intention of getting credit ever again so I have not bothered to clear my files up. I just want to put the whole sorry business behind me! I have now got a job and just plan to save for the things we need in life now we have no IPA.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun May 25, 2008 1:36 pm
How is the job going Jane? Can you tell us about your first week?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Sun May 25, 2008 1:41 pm
my first week was ok, very tiring, I have not worked for a while and have not been well but everyone seems very nice and the job is easy enough! haha soon be back in the swing of things

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun May 25, 2008 1:43 pm
What is it you're doing Jane?
xx

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun May 25, 2008 2:44 pm
Hi Chris
The CCJ will fall off your credit file in six years so around the time that your BR does
Regards
Andam Davies

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Sun May 25, 2008 4:07 pm
I was originally a medical secretary but my new job is quite different, I am working for the Primary Care Trust doing all the admin for the District Nursing Team for this area. Its different to the med sec job in that its not as pressurised or stressful, so I am hoping it all goes ok
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for may”