3% payrise

32 posts Page 2 of 3

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:08 pm
i am sure your ip can help you with the loss of pay i for one wouldnt cross the picket line for( £140 and disrespect for fellow workers) as kallis has said those who do will expect the rise and the rest to suffer for them to get it[:(]if we all had that attitude companys could get away with anything[xx(]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:28 pm
You would have to check with your IP, but I would have thought that as you have chosen to withdraw your labour and not get paid, that the creditors would probably frown upon it. I presume that you would have to make it up at a later date?

Don't know how it would work.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:31 pm
they wouldnt have to check with creditors for this amount it would be on the ip`s discretion

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:34 pm
See what your IP says. If there is no leeway then I'd throw a sickie if they wont let you book the days off ;-)

We're potentially facing the same, as the unions have not agreed to this years below inflation pay deal.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

connie

Post by connie » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:52 pm
i reckon a sicky would be too obvious.

i'm not expecting everyone to do the work and me get a payrise or disrepecting people. its not a case of i don't want to strike. i also didn't even get a say as i never got any ballot papers with regards to striking. neither did half the people i spoke to and unfortunately my mortgage and paying my iva come priority over loyalty to work colleagues.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:54 pm
I have to agree with you there Connie. My bills now take priority with me.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:57 pm
i didnt imply you connie in the email it was in general we all have to do what we need to survive and what is moraly right good luck in your decision[:)]
Last edited by indebtforever on Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:57 pm
hi connie

we had 2 days strike a couple of years ago and it got us no where at all, only pay down! my rise this year is a one off payment of £92! big woopy doo!

i hope your ip can reduce your payments to help you out

barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!

connie

Post by connie » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:59 pm
i've only paid my first iva payment so far and would feel awful saying can i reduce it next month. i'll discuss it with other half and see what he thinks.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:59 pm
Be honest with your manager and explain the situation - they should then arrange an alternative solution for you.....they still have duty of care. Equally the unions have a benevolent fund to help people out that physically cannot afford to loose the pay....could they not help you???

Personally, whatever my beliefs whilst in an IVA I could not willingly go on strike - I would have to cross the picket line and go in to protect my IVA - although I appreciate everyone is different!

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:00 pm
Gosh barb, that's a rubbish payrise!

We had 2.4% last year. Haven't got a clue what we will be offered this year. I'm sure I will find out soon.
Bob Marley.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:03 pm
Don't know if the unions give you back as much as you have lost, but I suppose even a small amount would be better than nothing.
Bob Marley.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:04 pm
I could and would not cross any picket line.

At the end of the day though they are your work colleagues and you do have to work with them once all this is over.

Given the choice I don't want to strike either, but the majority will have the say in the end. Still awaiting the postal ballet papers though, so may be the unions have come to some sort of arrangement but have not told us yet.

Just have to wait it out and see what happens.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:09 pm
jan

we ended up with a five year crap deal, 1 per cent last year, £92 this year, £184 for the next 3 years. thats what we got after we had gone on strike, wish i never bothered!

barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:09 pm
i dont want to make matters worse but i work with some collegues that did cross over 5 years ago and regret it to this day .i know sticks and stones wont break my bones etc etc but looking over your shoulder at work and the gossip etc you can live without it its hard enough the pressure of living in an iva and you never know they may come to an agreement with unions before they strike

good luck
32 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “postings for june”