3 rd yr review

11 posts Page 1 of 1

molly16

Post by molly16 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:49 pm
hi all,

myself and hubby in iva and just done our i &e for yr nos 3 . have all payslips and p60s, however , mortgage has gone up £100 ( northern rock ) our fixed intrest rate ended ! have also enclosed that letter for IP, have lost family allowance as my one son is now 16 and left school, also his maintainence has stopped ( he was from my first marriage ) have also enclosed the letter from child support agency saying it stopped beinning of sept . however , due to rising costs , and for a family of 6 my shopping bills have gone up as has petrol money, do i have to enclose reciepts for my shopping or petrol . i am a district nurse , so the nhs do give me petrol money however that hasnt gone up with fuel prices!!! , have also enclosed my p1 11 for IP. we are with synergi and started paying into the iva 3 months before it was approved, we were advised to start contributions asap, we had one payment break but as we were ahead anyway the Ip was fine with it , however beginning of this year i had major surgery and was off work for 3 months , my husband took 2 weeks unpaid leave to look after out little ones . Our Ip wouldnt let us have a payment break that month so we had a break but increades next 10 payments by £50 to cover this . the last payment will be november, then we can go back to the orignal payment ... or will they expect us to keep paying at that rate as we have done so for 10 months . i have completed out i & e and we are in deficit by £60 a month now. still robbing peter to pay paul !!! i am almost nervous now about the remortgage next year, we have around £30 k equity in property and our agreement was full equity release but there seems little chance we wil get that with the current state of the economy and mortgage companies not lending 100% . they wouldnt fail us for that would they ??
sorry for all the waffling , i sometimes have these niggleig questions and feels better just writing them down . our IP has not contacted us all year ( well since we contacted them re my op ) until our review papers were sent . i take this as a good thing !
well thanks for reading .
x

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:54 pm
Hi Molly

I always get nervous before the review. My father died this year and had major problems with the car at the same time and asked if I could have a payment break, I have lucky and not had to have one before. I was told to send the receipts and the break would be considered that would have been too late as I needed the money then not later. In the end i didn't bother and some how we got through but still paying catch up.
Any way good luck with your review I suppose like me you have to wait until after Christmas to hear the result.

Jan
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.

molly16

Post by molly16 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:04 pm
more than likely . thats the worst , the wait for their response . do you have much contact with synergi ( im sure i read u are also with them )

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:09 pm
Yes we are with them and have very little response or contact from them. If I write to them they take an age to reply. I had to change my bank account this year and asked them for a payment slip until I could get sorted I asked 3 times and before i knew it I had a letter asking me why I hadn't paid and still no payment slip. After the comments I have read on this site about other companies I feel I got the short straw with Synergi. I approached the Debt Counselors first of all and they past my file over to the company that Synergi took over so I didn't even chose them.

Still like you only 2 years to go.
Jan

molly16

Post by molly16 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:18 pm
same here ... if i rememeber rightly we were sucked out of a good few hundred pound in the mean time from debt counselers. we just didnt know where to turn them thou. can i ask who you changed ur bank too ? we now have seperate accounts , im with natwest , they bounced a direct debit in august as i was £2 short , they charged me £38 for bouncing it , then charged me £35 for being overdrawn !!! it was an increase of a plicy by a couple of quid which is why i went overdrawn . would love to change my bank account .

molly16

Post by molly16 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:20 pm
the only good we got out of them is we managed to get our payment date changed to my paydate ... which isnt one of their usual dates , no way could we pay out £539 2 days before im paid !im just hoping there is no contact as all is running smoothly

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:24 pm
If you have concerns about your IVA you really ought to try to discuss these with your IP who should want to try to help you.

At the end of the day you are over halfway through the IVA and the light must be faintly at the end of the tunnel but getting brigher with each new payment.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

molly16

Post by molly16 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:28 pm
thanks for your comments .... i think my IP is lord flamin Lucan !!! plus our IP was changed half way through. its sometimes thoses ittle thoughts that pop into your head, and i need 2 put them down. willg et hubby to ring them tomorrow about all our issues . althouh we keeping paying and milling along, they cant be unhappy with us

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 pm
That made me giggle Molly!

Have you tried e-mailing the IP - I can send you a link to find his personal e-mail address if you would like to try that. At least if you put a read and a delivery receipt on the message you will know if he has received and read it!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:07 pm
Also find out what happened to the 3 months upfront payments you made - were they paid into your IVA or were they kept by the IP?

If you have any problems tell me and I'll get onto your IP.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:25 pm
Hi Molly

We were with First Direct and had to close the account once they knew we were in an IVA and after being turned down at Nat West, I went into HSBC to draw my wages out and the cashier was worried that I had so much cash I explained our situation and she suggested trying HSBC spoke to an adviser took all my IVA paper work and they were happy to open us a basic account. The only 'problem' i have with the account is that it only has a cash card which can only be used at HSBC cash machines. Earlier in the year I totally forgot that the Council Tax was due to be paid and they bounced the DD I received a letter saying don't do it again but they didn't charge me. A lot of people have said how good the Co-OP bank is and Nation wide, sadly both of those banks are part of my IVA.

It seems that the general consensus is that HSBC do not accept people with IVA's but so far so good.

Jan
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “annual review”