3 Years Later

5 posts Page 1 of 1

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:39 pm
Bankruptcy Order Date 10 July 2007
Discharged On 21 December 2007 (Early Discharge)
5 months and 11 days

I haven't been on here for a long time, keeping my head down and getting on with life.

My IPA is due to finish soon ( half my surplus income for 3 years from start of IPA ) , that will be nice. It will be good to have some extra cash.

No debts, no loans, no credit cards, a wee bit of money saved, 3 years older and a wee bit wiser.

I haven't tried to get a credit card or a contract phone, but vantage keep seending me applications for a credit card, I might give it a try in a year or so to see if it make help my credit rating .. ok maybe not , I don't really need much of a credit rating do I ?
The bankruptcy flag stays on your credit records for 6 years .

On as personal front for those that still remember 2007/8 , daughter is nearly 18, working as an apprentice hairdresser on less than minimum wage.I m still working for the local plod, still single , living in a part buy / part rent flat ( 3 years old ). I dont drink crap coffee any more, dust anyone ?

Things are much, much better than they were 3 years ago , I've just read some of my old posts .. Im glad you lot helped .

Thank You
Hamish

slainte
Early Discharge is not an illness !

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:26 am
Lovely to hear from you again - and to hear that your little girl is out in the big wide world.

I am sure that a few of your old friends will be on tomorrow wishing you good luck - and do drop by with the odd post every now and again. We often talk about you at Frugal Friends meetings!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:30 am
It is nice to hear from you again and I remember you although my forum name was different then, 'isthereanend' there was a journey to the end for me and I'm now on it.

So glad your daughter is doing well and that you're well.

Be nice when your IPA finishes be a little extra there for you to enjoy. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:47 am
Nice to see you and well done for coming out the other side and with a nice, positive attitude as well.

Hope your daughter gets on ok with her hairdressing.

Good luck for your debt free future and keep posting.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:26 am
Good to hear from you again Mish! I can't believe it's 3 years ago that we both went BR.

Not much longer now for your IPA - it's a good feeling when it finishes.

Take care and as Mel says, please post now and then x
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bankruptcy”