6 months rent

5 posts Page 1 of 1

2YrsIn

Post by 2YrsIn » Sat May 31, 2008 12:37 pm
ok, so after my news of baby arriving and desperatley needing to move back out i have convinced my ma to let me live rent free for 3 months so my gf and i can save up 6 months worth of rent to move out with - we want to do this so to both A. have six months up front incase letting agents decline us and b. not have the rent stress whilst she is maternity. (obviously we will be putting th next 6 months away incase we have to pay that way again but if we fall a bit short over maternity at least the the roof over our head is secure)

anyways after me babbling - do i have to declare living rent free for three months to my IP? - because if they take a slice of the 600 each month im saving for deposit by not paying rent at home then it defeats the object.

also WHEN baby arrives (dec 14th im soo excited) id it best to send off a new I&E form?

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sat May 31, 2008 3:32 pm
Ah, I bet you're excited. I can't advise you to keep things from your IP, but, if you were to NOT live rent free, keep paying the rent to your mum, then she pays the deposit out of that money when you're ready, then if you put it that way, I can't see it being a problem. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:40 pm
Neither can I. You would be paying rent, but if your mother chooses to save that and 'gift' it back to you at a later date, I can't see a problem
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat May 31, 2008 4:02 pm
Some things are better left unsaid "wink wink"!!!
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat May 31, 2008 8:01 pm
Hi
I agree,pay your mum and she can then gift you back the money
Good luck
Andam Davies
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for may”