61 iva payments later......

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1

nomoremoney

Post by nomoremoney » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:37 pm
IP inform me on the 2nd Oct 2012

Minimum dividend met of 42p to the pound

IVA case to be pass to closure department.

56,000 pounds paid back to creditors.

It is Over.....I own creditors nothing!

Over and out.....it is time to leave this board...and refocus

iva.co.uk..keep up the good work

Who am I, I'll tell you

A crime intelligents officer from the Metropolitan Police for a London Met borough.And Yes,my employers know about my IVA.
Last edited by nomoremoney on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:04 pm
We may not always have seen eye to eye over the years but congratulations on finishing your IVA and good luck for the future.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:24 pm
Well done on IVA completion and good luck with your debt free future I wish you all the best. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:47 am
Well done on finishing your IVA and being able to now move onwards with your life - not sure why it matters who you are ....as far as I am concerned we are all on the forum for similar reasons and all trying to reach the same goal - we are here as a support network to each other, and some of us continue to support the forum post IVA as it helps them to stay focused and away from further debt (me included)...others leave the forum and don't look back - neither is right or wrong - we all deal with debt in our own way.

Good luck in the future and enjoy debt freedom !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:16 am
Great news nomoremoney - thank you for your contribution to the forum over the years and I wish you every best wish for your future. If you ever miss the gang feel free to pop on and say Hi but it looks like you want to close this chapter and move on.

Good luck and fab sounding job...if a little heavy!
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

gamemaker

Post by gamemaker » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:52 pm
I think working for the Police and with big big debts like yours(NmM), it must be over 100k by your figures; it must have been a major personal issue.

Never get into debt in that line of work you are in.I am sure telling your employers must have been hard as you do not know what they will say and who else will find out.Coppers aren't like normal folks.

Police officers with these iva are often not what the Police Service like to talk about much. The Press tend to go heavy on them if they commit other acts like domestics and gets noted.

How can lenders allow you to get to over 100k? Nuts to the banks.Now they don't lend.
The Olympics is the best thing that has happened to this country.
So what next?

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:58 pm
Most police forces are sympathetic to debt and you do not have to tell them. Unless something untowards happens then they won't find out.

Trust me - unless there are problems, they are unlikely to find out.

gamemaker

Post by gamemaker » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:15 pm
I don't personally know any of coppers with these insolvency problems but if you are in elite 'swat' teams of such like the ones policing riots and disturbances where you are also firearms trained, it is surely likely you will be checked regularly. At the Olympics and I was there as Gamemaker,I saw officers with the machine guns.

Would you be trusted to handle a weapon and handle information on terrorist and trouble makers with no extra checks?

If the iva pops up in the checks I don't think it will be simply OK....and to even ask human resource will alert suspicion.
The Olympics is the best thing that has happened to this country.
So what next?

louiseh

Post by louiseh » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:50 pm
And there was me thinking being in debt was no longer a criminal offence..... thought debtors prisons disappeared over a century ago...

KM1512

Post by KM1512 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:47 pm
Congrats nomoremoney and good luck for the future

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:15 pm
Congratulations on completing your IVA !
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:11 am
Personally I'd feel a lot safer if someone in a IVA was carrying a gun than someone else who was open to corruption whereby they were heavily in debt and having their head in the sand.

Well done on getting to the end. Hopefully the certificate wont be long and then you can really celebrate :-)
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:01 am
Soldiers carry guns every day, and some of them die at the hands of them. We have recently seen the tragic death of two police officers, who did not have the right to arm themselves. Being in debt, and managing it properly, should be seen as a virtue, and their careers should not be penalised as a result.

Thank goodness both HMF and the blue-light community are now far more sympathetic to their members financial difficulties. Perhaps if they were paid fairer salaries, there would be less debt within these organisations.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”