72nd & final payment made!

18 posts Page 1 of 2

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:27 pm
72nd and final payment left my bank account yesterday. I’m with PayPlan and their PayPlanPlus website says that no more payments are due. I’ve cancelled my standing order and when I get paid at the end of this month is when I’ll really realise that it’s all over. It’s a strange feeling as I feel like I’ve been in suspended animation for the last 6 years. When I look back to when it started, I never thought this time would come. The 6 years has been uneventful from the IVA perspective, 12 month extension due to not being able to release equity, PPI claims are sorted, (received interest on them ), but the house is a state and it’s taken its toll on my wife and I mentally. Having said that, it was definitely the right thing to do and though not easy, it’s well worth it in the end.
I will post again when I receive the infamous completion certificate!

PayPlanSamuel

Post by PayPlanSamuel » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:42 pm
Congratulations Sensible77,

Glad that we've been able to help you on your way to completing your IVA.
On behalf of everyone here at Payplan, I'd like to wish you well in the future!
Many Thanks
Samuel
Payplan Representative

Payplan offer a range of solutions including IVAs and free DMPs. To find out more and to contact us please visit www.payplan.com

samuel.jepson@payplan.com

ketton79

Post by ketton79 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:26 pm
congrats on finishing, im just starting out with payplan so long way to go but i hope to one day be in your position, good luck and well done

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:23 pm
Well done. Enjoy being debt free
Steven & Debbie

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:09 pm
Well done, Sensible :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:12 pm
Fantastic, enjoy your debt free future. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

sammy1

Post by sammy1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:49 pm
Contrats sensible77. I was with Payplan for 5 years and received my completion certificate in March this year. Have to say had no problems at all with payplan and my caseworkers were all very helpful, and my certificate was received whilst my final ppi claim was still going through. Looking forward to saving a deposit on a house and finding a mortage eventually probably with Ryan, something I could not have considered 6 yrs ago!
IVA Completed

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:10 pm
Thanks for all the kind comments. There are quite a number of completed posts on the forum at the moment so I hope this helps people to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel, however dim or non-existent it may seem at the moment.

sammy1

Post by sammy1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:27 pm
Sensible77, like you I have a positive future to look forward to post iva. It is not always easy but is infinately better than the future I had before my iva. I look forward to my future now x
IVA Completed

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:10 am
Blimey - I can remember when you first started posting on the forum. Has six years really gone so fast?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 pm
Where does the time go? I can remember looking into an IVA as if it was yesterday. I only found this board after I began the IVA, and have always found your advice and comments helpful. I probably would have used your company if I’d known about you first but, to be honest, I’ve found PayPlan OK. Having said that, I’ve been fortunate not to have any issues or hiccups, and that’s really when you know how good a company is. I don’t know anyone in or considering an IVA, (I didn’t tell anyone about mine), but if I did, I would recommend you.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:48 pm
Ahh, that is so sweet of you to say so, but as you say you have been entirely happy with PayPlan, and that is good to hear. Best of luck for a debt free future. Have you decided what you are going to spend your new found fortune on?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:22 am
Congrats. Now it's onward and upward.
Life after IVA is wonderful.

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:58 am
Thanks Melanie and Wiggle. I did think of posting what I would do after the IVA but didn't want to come over smug, especially to people who are just starting off or struggling. When I get paid at the end of this month we're off to B&Q for paint and wallpaper. Sounds a bit boring, but I think that sprucing the house up will be the quickest way to see the benefit of being out of the IVA. As other posters have said, I'm reluctant to spend straight away as it still feels odd to know that I can pay for things without having to scrutinise it to the extent that you talk yourself out of it. The next thing will be a decent holiday, (what's a holiday?), which we will save up for and pay by debit, not credit, card.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:19 am
Sensible, don't hesitate over posting about life after your IVA. It doesn't come over as smug at all .... come on ... you deserve it! Completing your IVA doesn't come easy or cheap and is an achievement to be celebrated.

After IVA success stories are great ... gives us something to look forward to and helps us through those inevitable low moments.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “thinking of making your first post ?”