96 months and counting

2 posts Page 1 of 1

Norfolk n Chance

Post by Norfolk n Chance » Fri May 15, 2015 10:36 pm
Just mailed this to Freeman Jones, what response should I expect, this is going on forever, I need to get my life back on track, 8.3 years and counting.......Aaarrgghhhhhh!

I believe we have stuck to our obligations as set out initially and where you have chosen to change them over the term with the variances around equity release and potential PPI claims.

The term of the IVA has now run it’s 84 month (7 year) term, as per contract/policy, in fact it has actually exceeded that by 15 months, the running term is now at 8.3 yrs with what seems no sight of an end.

I therefore require you to confirm that you will bring this arrangement to a formal close, to confirm in writing that the arrangement is indeed complete and ALL records relating to us are updated accordingly, so we can remove the unreasonably burdensome nature of prolonging the arrangement even farther past the 84 month / 7 year cut off point by some way and so we can get back to living our lives accordingly, i.e. not being viewed as social/financial pariahs, unable to gain employment in the financial/banking sector, unable to gain a higher level of security clearance for my job, which has limited my career progression opportunities for 8.3 years and applying for a re-mortgage at rates everyone else has been enjoying over the last several years.

It is our understanding from other IVA practitioners that 84 months is the limit, and reference to that cut off point (84 month policy) is made in our annual report issued by you.

If we do not hear from you within 7 days we will seek formal legal advice.

I look forward to hearing from you and finally drawing this to a close.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat May 16, 2015 10:18 am
See this thread:

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?wh ... 493#584645

I have locked this one and copied this post to that thread so that all responses are in one place.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”