A apprehensive Yes !

9 posts Page 1 of 1

Shane.ir

Post by Shane.ir » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:45 pm
I have been waiting for my meeting now for a couple of weeks and to be honest the nerves are at breaking point .
To the extent that people at work are steering clear of me as I have become quite short tempered with them . This is not my way at all so I can see why people are apprehensive about approaching me !
Meeting is pegged for 11 am tomorrow morning so I was expecting a sleepless night tonight , worrying about it .
Anyway I got an email from my IP this evening , when I got home from work , the text of which is below ..

"Hi Shane,

Great news. A company called The Insolvency Exchange (TIX) has voted on all of your accounts, accepting the IVA with some standard modifications. You won't have any trouble accepting them, could you have a look and send me an e-mail to that effect?

What this means is that I will be able to close the meeting on the dot tomorrow, effectively the IVA has already been approved but we have to stick to the regulations. I'll need 10 minutes whenever you're free to run through the outcome and set up your direct debit.

Regards, "

The only mods to my proposal were regarding nominees and supervisors payments , which I have obviously agreed to .
Of course this is speculative and really need to get the meeting over first , but it's definatley looking good at the moment .
Yay!!!!!!!!!!! I will sleep tonight like a baby :-)

Shane

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:58 pm
That is a brave IP to confirm acceptance of an IVA before a creditors meeting has actually taken place! I am very pleased to hear your news, and the likelihood of TIX changing their minds prior to the meeting is unlikely, but please wait until the meeting has actually passed before you start popping the champagne corks. I have seen proxies changed 10 minutes before a meeting starts in the past, and for these reasons I always wait until the magic hour has passed before spreading the news.

Am sure all will be fine for you on the day.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Shane.ir

Post by Shane.ir » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:10 pm
Thank you Melanie
I know where you are coming from hence the "apprehensive" in th etitle post .
I am not one to count my chickens before they hatch but just felt the need to tell someone !

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:13 pm
And if you can't share your news with your forum friends, who can you share it with!! We will seriously all be crossing everything for you tomorrow - make sure you let us know the outcome as soon as you can.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:15 pm
Everything crossed that nothing changes.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:24 pm
Fingers crossed shane, am sure it will all be ok.

Shane.ir

Post by Shane.ir » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:29 pm
Confirmed this morning and I am sooo happy .
Thanks all and also to everyone who has given me great advice and support .
Hopefully I can now do the same for others going through the process .

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:36 pm
That is great news Shane and I hope your IVA is smooth journey for you xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:03 am
Fabulous news - and a very well done to all concerned at your IP firm.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA approved!”