a BR question

12 posts Page 1 of 1

pleasehelpme22

Post by pleasehelpme22 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:35 pm
My partner and i are both going BR on 24th June and obviously at the moment we are recieving hate mail (from our creditors) as we have not been paying these for 2 months due to initially looking into the IVA option... this leads me to the question do i tell our creditors that we are going bankrupt and the date or will they try to get us to court for payment beforehand etc?

Thanks for advice in advance
Half the battle is to admit you need help!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:58 pm
I personally would not bother to tell them, they will find out soon enough.

I'd ignore the letters and any phone calls you may have as well. You are under enough stress without their bullying tactics.

Not long to wait either.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

pleasehelpme22

Post by pleasehelpme22 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:08 am
Yes Kallis i can do without there bullying , x24th June cant come quick enough!!
Half the battle is to admit you need help!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:12 am
Just hang in there! It will be here before you know it.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:39 am
Hey pleasehelpme22, good luck for the 24th, if you wanted to speak to your creditors, you can tell them exactly what's going on and they may stop the calls for 7 days. They won't have time between now and the 24th to do anything. If you don't feel comfortable talking to them, just ignore them. Thinking of you. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

neil277

Post by neil277 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:32 pm
This poster is persisting in making unsubstantiated sweeping statements and abusive comments despite having been warned that they would not be tolerated. The posts have been deleted and the poster locked from the forum.
admin

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:14 pm
Neil

What exactly do you mean by your first sentence? It does not make sense, and I think you are confusing some posters on the forum, and I find that some of the advice you give is inappropriate.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

neil277

Post by neil277 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:23 pm
This poster is persisting in making unsubstantiated sweeping statements and abusive comments despite having been warned that they would not be tolerated. The posts have been deleted and the poster locked from the forum.
admin

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:27 pm
Neil

Forgive me but I cannot understand your posts, and therefore find it difficult to critique your advice.

Without sounding patronising, can I respecfully suggest that you leave your postings to ones of recounting factual experiences, and any technical input to those who are qualified to comment. There is a danger that some forum posters may get confused by your postings.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

FlyingHigh

Post by FlyingHigh » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:56 am
I would not tell them because you never know with the debt collectors. Also you should make sure to tell them to only contact you via writing because then you won't have to deal with their harassment tactics and calls because there are laws for how often they can contact you :) Hope all goes well.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:14 pm
Flyinghigh - I agree totally. Until my IVA was approved, I only dealt with my creditors in writing. A pain not answering the phone, but as I have caller display I always knew who I could answer and who I couldn'.
Bob Marley.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:15 pm
Please help me - not long now till your hearing!

All the best for Tuesday.
Bob Marley.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bankruptcy”