a struggle,I'm only getting incapacity benefit

2 posts Page 1 of 1

fallingawake

Post by fallingawake » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:59 pm
Hi, I'm only getting incapacity benefit & trying to get back into work via permitted work LOWER RATE (which means I can only earn £20 a week). It's a struggle though as am struggling to work even 6 hours a week. I have around £7,000 of debt which eats up all my benefit & most of my £20 a week salary even though I only pay the minimum amount on my loan & credit card. I'm ashamed of this, but I started borrowing money (i.e. a loan & credit card) to help me cover living costs during my recovery & for things I'd missed out on during the 14 years I spent virtually bed bound when my illness was very severe (i.e. learn to drive, get a car, etc. to help me get around). I can't afford my own place so am at my mum's but it's not up to her to pay my bills, she would throw me out! So I'm wondering what my options are other than soldiering on as I am.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:02 am
Hi fallingawake and welcome to the forum

Your options are either to carry on paying sums you can afford to these creditors, or declare yourself bankrupt. And whatever you do don't borrow any more money, or else you will end up worsening your position.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for january”