A weight lifted......i hope

53 posts Page 2 of 4

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:54 am
well done mutley-when the phone calls start give them the following and they should leave you alone-or at least only ring you once a week !!!
freeman jones phone number - your reference number and your relationship manager.
Kirsty is lovely-they all are-you will get your own manager and they will tell you their hours of work but I usually ring as and when I need to and no question is too much for them.
and you have us lovely lot on here-the next few weeks will be the most worrying and stressful time for you-so chat to your hearts content.
Once again-congratulations for taking those first few steps-you wont regret it and life will get easier - I promise !!!!!
full and final accepted January 2015

iva agreed; August 2010
iva would have completed; August 2017
extra year thank's to NRAM

Julie.je

Post by Julie.je » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:00 pm
We are with Freeman Jones and our creditors meeting is on 25th Feb.
A nice chap called Kevin has been dealing with all our paperwork and we have nothing but praise for their friendly, non-judgemental and professional approach.

Mutley1968

Post by Mutley1968 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:04 pm
After a quick phonecall to Kirsty at Freeman Jones, she confirmed that my paperwork was in front of her and everything is ready to move on a step :)
I had assumed that she would be my IP ?, i got the impression during my call that once my file was passed on, somebody else would be doing the rest ?
That being said, if they all have the same happy and helpful attitude, then all is good with me :)
Wonder how long I can keep my fingers crossed ?

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:19 pm
Shouldn't be long now Mutley, the proposal will be put together now and normally creditors meetings are called 16 days after IP receives signed proposal back from you. Hope your fingers don't get cramp!!
Last edited by nepensioner on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:31 am
Good news Mutley - won't be long now.

Good luck.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Mutley1968

Post by Mutley1968 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:57 pm
Then Suddenly................
it's now about 2 weeks after my initial phonecall to Freeman Jones and i am sitting here with my Proposal infront of me to look over and sign :)
It all looks a bit grim when i see how much my debt is, in black and white.......:(
I now have a new person dealing with proposals "Guy Walker" very friendly and understanding, always a bonus :)
I have one query though, i have a mortgage with C&G, which i moved over to my new bank account this afternoon, however the mortgage protection is with llyods............i had assumed it was with C&G as the account number actually begins with the letters C&G.
I have moved that to my new account also, will it be okay to leave it like that, or will i have to close it and start something new ?(no idea what), oh, and Lloyds are one of my creditors.

now to sit comfortably and do some reading :)

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:07 pm
It can be scary reading seeing it in black and white, I remember it well.

Not sure about the mortgage part of the post so will leave that to someone who does. Won't be long now x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Mutley1968

Post by Mutley1968 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:48 pm
And Then.......
I got a call from my IP, i have a date of the 11th of march for my creditors meeting.......blimey, that was quicker than i thought.
now i just have to stop having negative thoughts and hope all my creditors...Lloyds, Barclays, MBNA, Marbles all agree, after looking at the numbers, financially the IVA is definetly the best option for them :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:51 pm
Not long to go then Mutley! I'm sure everything will be ok. Let us know how you are getting on.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:51 pm
All the best for the 11th Mutley1968, not long to wait. I'm sure the best offer is on the table. Let us know how it goes wont' you? x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:11 pm
Good luck mutley-you are with a great firm so I cant see any problem with them getting your proposal approved-you will get ongoing support with freeman jones and any little thing that worries you-no matter how daft it sounds-ring them.
I think I must have spoken to every member of customer care there over the months as hubbys pay varies month to month so I ring in for him-everyone has always been able to answer any query in a professional and friendly manner.
let us know how you get on!!!!

iva agreed; August 2010

Mutley1968

Post by Mutley1968 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:23 am
ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED..

sorry about that, need to calm down a bit and get a very good nights sleep :)
I am going to put my experience down in words, to hopefully give anybody out there who has not yet decided, a gentle nudge............soon as i calm down.

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:33 am
well done mutley-so plased for you-the feeling is unbelievable isnt it!!!!
I didnt come down for days!!!!

Look forward to peace and quiet and that magic day when it is all over

CONGRATULATIONS

iva agreed; August 2010

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:59 am
Fabulous news Mutley - congratulations.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:24 am
Mutley1968 wrote:
[br]ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED - ACCEPTED..

sorry about that, need to calm down a bit and get a very good nights sleep :)
I am going to put my experience down in words, to hopefully give anybody out there who has not yet decided, a gentle nudge............soon as i calm down.
Sorry, Mutley -- what, exactly, are you trying to say [:p]

Congratulations [:D] I look forward to the "blow by blow" account
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
53 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “friends corner”