A weight lifted......i hope

53 posts Page 3 of 4

Julie.je

Post by Julie.je » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:22 pm
Congratulations Mutley. Hope you had a good nights sleep x

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:38 pm
Congratulations Mutley (love the user name, takes me back to my childhood watching Wacky Races)

Welcome to the debt free road, may all your potholes be tiny ones.
Last edited by Pandy on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:25 pm
Fabulous news congratulations. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:25 pm
Congratulations Mutley, and good luck for the future.

Pandy, it's good to see another Wacky Races fan!

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:46 pm
Skippy,
Loved it still watch it now when I 'accidently' turn to the cartoon network, loved Scoobydo as well not so good when they brought scrappydo into it though
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:53 pm
I loved Wacky Races as well - Mutley was the best!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:22 pm
hey Mutley-sobered up yet!!!!!!
full and final accepted January 2015

iva agreed; August 2010
iva would have completed; August 2017
extra year thank's to NRAM

Mutley1968

Post by Mutley1968 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:28 pm
I think i may have hurt my face with all the grinning.

I received the minutes of my creditors meeting today, it must have been put in the post as soon as the meeting was over, yet another sure sign that i chose the right people in Freeman Jones.

It makes interesting reading, My creditors were Argos (store card), Barclaycard (credit card), Lloyds TSB (my bank with a maxed out overdraft & credit card), Marbles (credit card) & MBNA (credit card).

Barclays and MBNA were the only two creditors to vote against the proposal, however the rest were all represented by The Insolvency Exchange, which may have made a great difference ?, i knew that Lloyds decision was the deal breaker as they had the majority of my debt.
I like to think that never missing a Direct Debit or missed any automatic debit might have helped my case, but since i do not know if they looked that far, i do not care at this point :)

If anybody is reading this and wondering if they should try for an IVA, my only suggestion can be WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ?

I initially thought about an IVA in August last year, but due to an overly persistant company who kept calling me all the time about what details i had found or could provide (cannot remember who they were) i gave up and though i could do it alone, surely selling a few things here and there and putting all the money into repayments would work.............well, now that i look at a few empty shelves and wall space, all i can say is that Ebay was the only winner with there fee's, the amount raised barely made a dent.

I even contacted a few finance companies (you have seen there adverts) to see what could be done, i wish i had not bothered as now all i get is leaflet after leaflet of offers.

So, i decided to look again at an IVA again, i cannot say i researched too hard, never even visited this site till i had started the ball rolling, whatever you may think of any other review site or forum, take it from me, never has such a font of valuable knowledge been gathered in one place, if you search hard enough, you really will find somebody in the same boat as you, and as a bonus, the natives are really friendly, just dont feed them after dark :)

So anyway, and almost with my first click, i found Freeman Jones (i am sure it could have been any number of just as good companies on here).
The service i have received has been second to none, from my initial calls, when i confessed all, to friday when i received "THE PHONECALL" i really cannot reccomend them enough.

I can actually start to plan ahead now, i know what i have in my pocket is mine, all mine :), i realise that things will be tough from month to month, living on a budget will be a challenge, but the thought that all that debt is gone is such a boost that really has to be felt to be believed.

Plus as an added bonus, i paid my first payment on feb 21st (a returnable fee if things went pear shaped) and am two weeks or so away from another payment......so i am 2 payments out of 60 down already, wow i hope time really does fly now that i can have some fun......cheap fun though :)

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:34 pm
I think the time does fly within an IVA, doesn't seem long ago since mine was accepted remember it well but here I am just over 3 years down the line, a few hiccups along the way but I'm still soldiering on. Hope your IVA runs very smoothly for you. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:43 am
Mutley reading your post reinforced all the positives about an IVA, you can't measure the relief when the burden of debt is lifted after the creditors meeting.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:11 pm
It has to be one of the best feelings in the world!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Mutley1968

Post by Mutley1968 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:51 pm
So............many Months Later, i received this letter in the post today from MBNA (one of my creditors who said no), i have typed in a lot of it below, should i worry ?, my IP is not back till monday, but i do not want to worry about this if i do not need to.

heres what i got :-

We are aware that you are now insolvent and a default will be registered with the credit reference agencies within the next 60 days. we are required by the consumer credit act to send you this notice, however you should not make any direct payment in response to this letter as under your insolvency agreement all funds must be dispersed from your insolvency practioner across all of your creditors.

we refer to the above agreement which you have entered into with us. clause 1 and 8 of that agreement provide that you must make the minimum payment when due and immediately pay to us the amount of any missed payment and any amount by which your balance goes over your credit limit. you are in breach of these clauses because you have failed to make the payments due and are in arrears.

(i put it in red :)

it then goes on to tell me how much i owe and sets a date when i have to make a payment.
i have the feeling that this is just a standard letter, which they have to send as routine, strange that nobody else has, and of all my creditors MBNA have been the most persistant and never got teh message when they were continually directed to my IP.

Anyway, any input would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Art

4 months down :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:44 pm
Don't worry Mutley - it is a standard letter and nothing to worry about at all. They will be covered by your IVA. You can either phone or write to them or send it to your IP for them to deal with.
Bob Marley.

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:23 am
As Kallis said let your IVA Provider handle this ... it's not something you need to worry about. If you have a printer/scanner then I would copy the document and email it to Freeman Jones who will pick up on it on Monday ... good luck,
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:57 am
Many creditors issue these standard letters to cover themselves if the IVA fails at some time in the future and they wish to chase you again ---- they will have already complied with the defaults procedure. 9.9 times out of 10 this will not happen and another tree has given it's life needlessly (well, a few leaves).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
53 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “friends corner”