absolute nightmare weekend

20 posts Page 1 of 2

elldina

Post by elldina » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:40 pm
sorry i think my avator is really me
well you may all remember both my boys had stomach bug well, it turns out was gastroentiritis, anyway by sat morning my little toddler seemed lot brighter playing eating etc so decided a nice bath for us both would be good , we had been in 1 min he was stood up and sarted to cry like he didnt want to be in so called hubby
as hubbt came to get him his head went back eyes rolled went blue and started fitting as hubby got him out bath and rang 999 he continuedto fit ambulance arrived after 4 mins and wasnt until paramedics administered oxygen as levels were really low after about two mins they got response and we got rushed to hospital he was still semi-consious anyway to cut long story short he went on over weeked to have another four fits like 1st one with no temp so not classed as typical febril convulsions consultant believes the gastroentiritis triggered the fits as it a little know fact, but he has a eeg appt next wed at the RVI if he has any more im next two months they will be going down the epilepsy route and a follow up peadiatric appt in jan he still has upset tum but no fits so far since we left on monday tea time i wasmeant to have interview yesterday i cancelled it as have barely had sleep since last wednesday
but he is now on the mend not 100% but a few more days he'l be better
i am definitrly eyore

aguise

Post by aguise » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:51 pm
Hi Elldina.
What a terrible weekend honey How awful for the poor babe. I hope he is improving. My grandaughter at the age og 2 had gastoent on holiday and we had exactly the same, turned blue ,ambulance and a trip to torbay ospital. Hers was put down to febrile convulsions and she has never had another since and is now 11. So hopefully it will be the illness and all will be well. Thoughts with you all, I remember all the worry I and the family went through at that time. I am sure all will be fine.

Ang xxx
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:52 pm
Hey Elldina, I'm so sorry about your little boy. That's awful. I do hope that it passes and is just to do with the tummy bug. Thinking of you all. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

fifilebonbon

Post by fifilebonbon » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:59 pm
God how terrifying for you and hubby - really feel for you as I have a 2 and 6 year old and them being ill is just your worst nightmare (IVA fails into insignificance!!). Really hope he is 100% better very soon and that you manage to catch up on some sleep! Thinking of you all hon!! Fi xxx
Still gathering info....but hope to be on the right path pronto!!

elldina

Post by elldina » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:02 pm
thanks my poor little man is so much better now ,
and hopefully it was justthe bug its frightening to see them stop breathing and go blue isnt it ang
ive become a recluse havent been out house or hospital for a week now ,elldina

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:19 pm
Hi there

Just wanted to say I hope youre starting to calm down a little bit now. I have 4 kids and every one of them has had a convulsion at some point. Only one has ever remained an epileptic. Its just worth going through all the test to make sure that he isnt one of the few. I myself have suffered seizures but nothing too bad and I lead a very normal life.

The thing is, we all have the potential for a seizure, some people have a lower threshold than others, in babies and young children this threshold is lower, so they can frighten the living daylights out of us even when they seem to be getting better. The main thing for you is to start calm, it upsets them more if you panic, (well and trully easier said than done, I know).

I really hope your little ones tests come back negative and that he has no more episodes. If you want to know any more about it, I would be happy to pass anything on to you.

Good luck, I hope you manage to come back down to planet calm, very soon.

Lots of love.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

elldina

Post by elldina » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:27 pm
hi lili
i was calm in a panicked sort of way ,(i think it was because i was also naked in bath having to rush to throw clothes on and calm my other son who was very scared ) as my hubby is epileptic and when i worked for mencap as a relief support worker in 9 different homes and a volunteer at camphill rudolf steiner i used to care for a a lot of people who suffered from epilepsy in differing degrees of severity and have seen very many seizures including status so i knew what needed doing but when its your own child its very different to caring for others and also when it comes out of the blue with no history its shocks your system somewhat as opposed to knowing that someone had a history of seizures and once you got to know you could recognise certain patterns of behaviour beforehand even in drop fits ,even if its rapid blinking just before hand your very right it does frighten them more if you panic ive seen that and sent panickers out of room from were a persons was having seizure a few times in the past and it can also trigger a further seizure too
anyway we will see what the investigations brings
elldina

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:33 pm
Elldina, just caught up with this thread. I am so sorry about your little boy. It must have been horrendous for everyone, and I am so glad to hear that he appears to be on the mend. Fingers crossed that it was the infection that caused it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:29 pm
How awful that must have been. I hope he will soon be fully recovered xxxxx
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:35 pm
Hi Elldina, hope your little man is recovering well. I can imagine how scary it was and it does put everything into perpsective.

Try not to worry about the jobfront, something will come. You make sure you and the little ones are ok....oh and hubby too of course [:)]

xx

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:56 pm
Sorry to hear about your little one Elldina and I hope he's on the mend. As Julie says it puts everything into perspective x

tori

Post by tori » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:10 pm
So sorry to hear about your little boy Elldina...That must've been awful for you all.I hope he gets better soon-the poor little thing...Thinking of you all.Take care.xxx
please visit my blog http://tori.blogs.iva.co.uk/ a second chance..

elldina

Post by elldina » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:05 am
thank you all
he's getting back to his old self ,i can tell as my front rooms a bombsite already this morning lol
elldina x

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:52 am
That's really good news Elldina x

freelili

Post by freelili » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:24 pm
Brilliant new elldina, I am so pleased he is getting back to normal and putting you through your paces. They know exactly how to scare the life out of us dont they?
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “we salute the special people managing disability”