adding previously un-included creditors to IVA

2 posts Page 1 of 1

wendy_f

Post by wendy_f » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:47 pm
Is it possible to add previously un-included creditors to your IVA once it has already begun? Also, what is the future impact for if/when my husband and I want to get a mortgage and we both have an IVA?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:55 pm
Hi wendy f

In exceptional circumstances this may be possible, but only with the agreement of the creditors already bound by the original proposals, and of course the missed creditors themeselves.

Your IP will need to look at the impact of the inclusion of these missed creditors, and determine whether a creditors meeting is to be called - and there will need to be very good reasons as to why these debts were not originally included. Was this a genuine oversight?

Assuming the aboe can be sorted, there will be little impact upon you getting a mortgage whilst in an IVA. This may only be done with the express permission of your Supervisor, and must not disturb your ability to continue making your monthly IVA payments. It is unlikely that you will be offered a mortgage above 85% loan to value whilst in an IVA, so you will also need to find a 15% deposit which could come from friends and family. If you are lucky enough to have some friendly relatives, make sure their interest is lodged at H M Land Registry until your IVA is completed.

Hope I have understood your queries properly. If not, fire away again.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.
View my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for january”